Author Topic: NEF Pardner Pump Turkey shotgun  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Mulegunner

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Pardner Pump Turkey shotgun
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:21:59 AM »
I seen one of these a couple weeks ago at a gun show.  I was impressed, they seem like solid guns!  I know the Turkey guns are new this year, but does anyone out there have the Standard Pardner Pump?  They seem like a real solid shotgun and the price is real attractive too!

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:36:13 AM »
get ready for a hailstorm buddy, lol.

the gun is built in china by a comapny owned by the chicom's military.

i dont really mind so much seeing as half the parts from my computer and truck and shoes and dishes and tv are from that part of the world too. i would rather not support em but its close to impossible not to these days.

some people dont like that idea, some do. however i can tell you i handled one and it was very nice and if i were in the market for a 12 gauge pump i would consider it closely, due to its quality and price.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 03:14:04 PM »
I whole issue about the Pardner pump supporting the chicoms has been discussed ad nauseum here. Do a search for pardner pump and read the
responses. I strongly feel that I wouldn't buy that particular gun since I don't want to support the army that I think my kid may someday have to fight. There are excellent American made alternatives in that price range. I still think that it sucks that they used the pardner name with that product.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 03:39:10 AM »
I have to agree with Markus. For about the same money (if you catch a sale ) you can get an American made Mossberg or Remington pump and not feed the 'red machine'.   That's my  :money: and all I'm going to say on the subject.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline 10ga.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »
Quote from: mjbgalt
half the parts from my computer and truck and shoes and dishes and tv are from that part of the world too. i would rather not support em but its close to impossible not to these days.

-Matt

Boy ain't that the truth :x  :x
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Brett
I have to agree with Markus. For about the same money (if you catch a sale ) you can get an American made Mossberg or Remington pump and not feed the 'red machine'.   That's my  :money: and all I'm going to say on the subject.

Then why do we support the company Marlin/H&R/NEF that supports the red army?

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 04:50:04 AM »
Quote from: gwhilikerz
Quote from: Brett

Then why do we support the company Marlin/H&R/NEF that supports the red army?

Well, I haven't. I have never bought a new H&R/NEF or Marlin firearm.  In fact the last new gun I purchased was a Rossi combo for my daughter.  I know it is not made in the US either but at least it is not made in Communist China.  I know many think that the quality of the Rossi singles is not up to that of the H&R/NEF singles but you can not prove that by me. I am very pleased with the Rossi for what I payed for the combo.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »
I can't disagree about the rossi. I have a couple and they shoot just as good as the H&R/NEF in the same configuration. But all things considered, I like coming here to learn about handis so they are my favorites :grin: