Author Topic: so where is SCRUFFY??  (Read 586 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
so where is SCRUFFY??
« on: April 01, 2005, 01:20:06 PM »
where are you scruffy?must not be stopping here?have you?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:30:24 PM »
You know Jeff, I've been wondering about that as well. He used to be quite the prolific poster and ain't seen him around these parts in a while. Scuffy, where you at? (as they would say in Delaware)
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »
He hasn't made a post since Jan 12 and last logged in on March 17.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 03:31:21 AM »
Scruffy is a good man.  I always enjoy reading his perspective of the NEF line, and of course, he is a Hevi-shot expert!!

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:08:04 PM »
Somebody close to him should get him back it the fold, I enjoyed his post he had a way with words.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 05:17:46 PM »
Hey, sorry I haven't been around!!!  I can't drop in from work on my spare time anymore (it's called browser content filtering or something like that...  :roll: ) so I play solitare over lunch...

Anyway, my online surfing time in the evening is very limited and I can only be active on one or two boards and have been struggling with which boards to still stay active on.  I really like iowaoutdoors.org because being an iowa boy I can meet up with guys and gals in my state for hunts, a day of fishing, etc.  But I have time for one more board, and I think it's going to have to be this one because of you guys!!!

I hope to be here more often and post and be as helpful as I can, as I was in the past.

To give you an idea of what I've been up to, in early January I pulled my old Weatherby Vanguard chambered in .270 win, my first centerfire rifle, sighted the Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 with Remington Express 100 grain PSP's, and went to work making an econimcal ecalling/rifle setup.  In the following 2 pics it has the following I've come up with:

Remington Express 100 grain PSP .270's
Turkey air seat
fiberglass shooting sticks ("scruffy stix..."  :wink: ) - under $4.00
internally amp'd speaker, around 94db max output (loud, DB above level that causes hearing damage!) - Radio shack - $39.99
6ft speaker cord - wally world - $4.97
MP3 (or cd or tape)
MP3 loaded with Johny Stewart coyote calling CD volume 2 (distressed cottontail, puppies, distressed housecat, distressed fawn) that has both 15 minute cd tracks and 5 minute mp3 tracks - $17.99
mouse squeeker Velcro'd to stock
Butler creek scope covers - Cabela bucks!  :wink:
ARD in front BC scope cover - equivalant to 7" sun shade, fits in BC scope covers, made by tenebraex corporation for millitary and civialian sales, best price I found was E Arthur Brown for $12.95 with $3.95 shipping.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=842

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=840

and another one looking through the "ard"

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=841

I'm tired of my elite 3200 scope's light gathering optics blinding me in the snow and making a stand looking towards the sun.... :evil:   Not anymore.  :twisted:

When I get time I want to make a post in the pred. forum, show off my e-caller and other stuff as well as show off a open reed howler I made from an antler shed a few weeks ago.  I've kept busy.  :-D

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 05:27:40 PM »
Well, I guess it's been so long since I've been here I've forgotten how to post pics...  I need some help!  But until they get cleared up you can cut and paste the link into the browser and pull up the pics.  Sorry about this!

later,
scruffy

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »
Well, I changed the img's to urls to change them to links.  For the life of me I can't figure out why the pics aren't showing up directly when the links work... too late in the day to figure it out though.  It's like the server isn't even trying to resolve the img brackets, otherwise it would have the dreaded red 'x's.  But here's one final try.

later,
scruffy

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 04:23:59 AM »
well don't look at me. but its good to see you back scruff. and here i thought you fell off the wagon and bought a remington or something! its good to hear your still handi-holic
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
so where is SCRUFFY??
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 07:23:02 AM »
:D , It's great to hear from you again Scruffy and wise choice to continue with this board, we would all hate to lose a good guy like you!!!
It's been a bit lonely lately with old regulars like you and the Montanan not posting much.
I know things change but lets try to keep this great group of guys together, remember, come often and stay late, we are all your cyber brothers in arms, a big, happy, virtual family!!! ....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley