Author Topic: Went to gun show in Evansville today....  (Read 302 times)

Offline bwana

• Trade Count: (0)
Went to gun show in Evansville today....
« on: April 02, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
Handi's selling like hotcakes.  Saw three transactions with handis in an hour.  One guy bought two!

I horsetraded for one of those little Henry lever .22's.  I took it out and plinked in the creek with about 50 rounds.  Fun little gun.

Handi-holism is spreading!

bwana
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.

Offline bigjeepman

Went to gun show in Evansville today....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 01:43:37 AM »
bwana ...

I only live 50 miles from Evansville. What kind of money were they getting for those Handi rifles and what kind of Handi's were they?
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline bwana

handis...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:45:07 AM »
All manner of handis available, from good deals to way too much.  There were some good buys for sure.  I saw one dealer who was selling ultras with good quality 3-9X50 scopes (can't remember, but I think Simmons) for $289.

At the same time one dealer had used toppers tagged at $200 each.

Like most gun shows, some high, some low.  There seemed to be a lot of folks handling them, talking about them and buying them.

Its not a bad show, they fill up the National Guard Armory every couple of months.  Well advertised in the Evansville media.  And most of the dealers ain't afraid of trading.  I've made several good trades and got a fair value for my guns.  A dealer bought a gun straight out yesterday and allowed me to get the one I was after.  I got exactly what I paid for the gun two years ago.

bwana
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.