Author Topic: Bernard Goetz  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Bernard Goetz
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:39:41 AM »
Any one remember him?  He shot 4 punks that attempted to rob him on a Boston subway train.  Of course being in Massachusetts he did not posses a CCL so he just slipped off of the train and disappeared into the crowd. He was eventually equitted for attempted murder however he probably would never had to face trial if he was smart enough to keep his mouth shut but he wasn't and somebody turned him in.  Now I'm not condoning vigilantism, or dusting cats, I'm just trying to drill home the point GB made Do what you feel you have to do but keep quiet about it.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 03:33:25 AM »
Yep I agree sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the best policy. It makes a guy wonder about posting about topics on the web as what may be legal in your neck of the woods may not be in some one elses. Expecially since the web is world wide. Which opens up a whole other can of worms. I can see why GB shut down my post if it breaks rules on a illegal activity and I would not want to see him or the board get into trouble. Problem is dang near every thing is illegal in one part of the world or the other and if you consider that and these webhosting sites start getting that picky well then pretty soon we will not be able to discuss anything. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 03:43:25 AM »
Brett:  actually, it was in New York City, not Boston.  And he eventually turned himself in.  Although he admitted to acting in self defense he was fined for possessing and firing a handgun within city limits, or some such nonsense.

At the trial, which was held sometime later, the only surviving 'gangsta' was unable to recall any of the details of the incident and could not refute Goetz's contention that he was forced to act in self defense.  

Since then, Goetz has appeared on a couple of talk shows and even in a couple of TV shows.  Don't know what he is doing now but I hope he is able to live a peaceful life.  

At the time he was forced to defend himself against those punks, the crime rate in NYC was at an all-time high and the Mayor of New York and the Police Chief were all concerned that his actions would start a vigilante movement because people were just dang tired of crime in NYC.

As to his testimony - yep, it was someone else ( a witness) who spilled the beans about his 'giving the guy one more for..........'.  Even without that statement made, the effort to track him down would have been just as intense as those who want the unarmed populace subjected to police state rules can't abide by those who are forced to take the law into their own hands.  Buncha liberal wimps.  

One of the talk show topics following the subway shooting was aobut police shootings.  One caller asked why the NYCPD didn't hoire Goetz to teach them how to shoot, seeing as how he had a better hit record than the PD did.  Mikey.

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 06:07:45 AM »
Yes it was a very high visible case from the NYC Subway!
In civil court James Ramseur won a multi million suit against Goetz.
After shooting Ramseur, Goetz looked at him laying on the floor, and said
"you don't look so bad, here's another", thus shooting him again, leaving him paralyzed, and brain damaged. Goetz has little money,
and can't pay. Doesn't seem like anybody has really forced Goetz to pay.
Been away from the NY Times for a while, so don't know the latest.
The Times is good for finding out who's playing in clubs, etc. But as a newspaper, it's nothing more than a pamphlet for the Democratic party...

Offline Brett

Bernard Goetz
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:34:22 AM »
That's right it was the NYC subway not Boston, my bad.  Didn't James Ramseur eventually end up getting killed by another 'gangsta' or going to prison for peddling drugs.  I know he made the news a few years after getting ventilated by Bernie I just don't recall what for.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Bernard Goetz
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 01:07:40 PM »
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Brett

Bernard Goetz
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »
Thanks Dali.

Offline powderman

Bernard Goetz
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 03:42:29 PM »
I dearly loved the death wish movies with Charles Bronson, I'd like to see them again. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 03:51:16 PM »
Quote from: powderman
I dearly loved the death wish movies with Charles Bronson, I'd like to see them again. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D

I am fond of them too.  :grin:  They showed a couple of them on cable here 2 weeks ago.
I think the silent majority so to speak doesn't have much of an issue with a civilian doing whats right when needed. The problem is the other side is very vocal & the media gives them way more than their fair share of oportunities to move their cause forward.
Not hard to understand really, self sufficient folks dont tend to cry as much as those who want their mommy (the Gov't) to protect them from the worlds dangers.  :)
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline jh45gun

Bernard Goetz
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 06:07:20 PM »
I think most of us like those kind of movies where the main character rights wrongs even though he may be going out side of the law and takeing care of the scumsuckers who need killing. Knowing while we watch it, it is a great fantasy as you would never get by with it in real life at least not these days.  Yep I like those Death Wish movies also. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 03:21:42 AM »
Perhaps Goetz was originally a liberal:

Someone once said, " A Conservative is a Liberal ...that has been mugged !"
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 12:38:47 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
Perhaps Goetz was originally a liberal:

Someone once said, " A Conservative is a Liberal ...that has been mugged !"

Probly was. Likely still is, I never heard one way or the other about him but most folks I know that come from the city are.  Political views dont count for much when people are scared & frustrated tho. He's human & probly shoulda been given a medal. I give him credit, a couple million more like him in NYC & things could only get better. IMO anyway.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline RemingtonDave

Bernard Goetz
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 04:54:24 PM »
Bernie is alive and well and running for mayor of New York.
I recently heard him on the Opie and Anthony show on XM Satellite Radio.
He is a first class wack job who has the attention span of a crack baby.
He suffers from ADD and is obsessive compulsive and also believes he once owned a squirrel who could talk.
On his last O&A appearance, Opie pretended to smash one of Bernie's CDs and Bernie came unglued calling Opie a "MFer" and rushed at him cursing. Others restrained him.
I believe the O&A website has video of the incident.

RDave
Proud NRA Life Member

Offline superhornet

• Avid Poster
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 08:37:25 AM »
:? Bottom line ???  Never take a sharpened screwdriver to a gun fight.

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
Bernard Goetz
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 09:11:24 AM »
As I remember the incident, Goetz screwed himself by admitting he was the one who shot the street punks who undoubtedly were attempting to strongarm rob him.

Like "they say"... "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth SHUT!"

Truth IS "truth", gentlemen.    :roll:

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson