Author Topic: Tang sight for Win 94  (Read 884 times)

Offline ND Sharpshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Tang sight for Win 94
« on: April 06, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »
Does anyone make a tang mounted peep sight for the new 94's that have the safety on the tang?  My old eyes don't do open sights any more and I don't want to mount a scope on this sweetheart.  If there are no tang mounted peeps, I'll need to go with a receiver mounted peep; however, I much prefer the tang mounted peeps.  This rifle is their .44 Mag with 24" barrel.
Never said I didn''t know how to use one.  :wink:

Offline Ramrod

Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:13:43 PM »
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline ND Sharpshooter

Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks, Ramrod,

I'm gonna look for Marbles on the web and see what it takes to get one!

Offline ND Sharpshooter

Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 02:30:25 AM »
Trying to get a tang sight for this 94 is turning into a nightmare :x !  E-mailed Marbles.  Response is that they "can't" sell one directly to me.  Suggested I check with several distributors.  Called Winchester.  Spoke with very nice lady.  WW can't sell me one for a 44 Mag.  Asked what if this were a 38-55 Legacy.  She spoke with her lead tech.  Nope...no can do.  Called Brownell's.  They don't have it in their inventory as far as he could tell by their catalog/computer.  Suggested I get a stock number.  E-mailed request for number to Marble's.  No response yet.  Am developing an urge to do something I have not yet been upset enough to do---call the supreme-high-muckety-muck's at Marble's and Winchester and tell them they are missing the boat on customer service---not their employees, they've been as helpful as they are allowed to be---by not selling this sort of thing to us buyers of their products.
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has any ideas as to how to shake loose a sight from these folks.

Offline king nero

• http://users.skynet.be/kingnero
Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 12:11:27 AM »
I ordered a tang peep sight from Uberti. should work, perhaps minor adjustments needed. haven't received it yet, but I'm expecting it any day now.

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/1885-high-wall.tpl
should be something similar to this

Offline Bis

• Avid Poster
Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »
Did you guys have any luck with getting a tang sight?? I tried Lyman and was told "there is no way to do it". Called Win. and was told by an abrupt "customer service" that I was out of luck. I asked if a tan sight from a Legacy would fit on my Trails End and was told that they have a different tang. What was really said if you read between the lines is don't bother me, so much for C/S. E-mailed Marbel's and was told that I needed their part number 009849 and that it was available at Midway. E-mailed Midway and was told that they could not find that P/N. Went back to Marbel's site and the highest P/N they have is 009848. I e-mailed them and explained all of the above, I have yet to hear back.
 Let me know is there is another source, Thanks.

Offline Mr. Reaper

Tang Sight
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 09:10:40 AM »
I just ordered a Marble's tang sight from Midway. I suggest you get the model number from the Marble's web page and order it from Midway. Cabellas also carries them.
Guns kill people just like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

Offline Bis

• Avid Poster
Tang sight for Win 94
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 10:56:12 AM »
Mr Repeater

How did the tang sight work out?? If it fit, do you remember the part no. at Midway?