Author Topic: Well, now I've done it ......TOO....!  (Read 416 times)

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
Well, now I've done it ......TOO....!
« on: April 12, 2005, 01:54:52 PM »
Well, after looking at an H&R model 48 for $79 , a model 58 for $99,  and an auction for a nice model 158 for $50 + $20 shpg + $25 trasfer fee ($95 total), all in 16ga,  ... .....
...I went to WalMart and ordered  a new NEF SB1-016 for $88.88 + tax ($94.27)

I like the LOP of the new ones anyway, the older H&R's all seem to have a shorter stock, PLUS, should the need arise, I can get parts!!

While I was waiting to order mine, there was a customer buying his first ( you and I all KNOW that it wil be his FIRST NEF/H&R! :P ) Pardner 12ga . We got to talking about how he was making a great choice, he had a friend who had one and was hunting successfully with it ........I told him to be sure he cleaned the gun well before shooting to insure that his shells would eject......and I gave him the graybeardoutdoors.com  web address...and spent a moment telling him about the forum.......How much fun it is , never mind helpful......we both had a good time talking.....maybe he will log on here... :lol:
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:55:13 PM »
Congrats on the new gun. A 16 is definitley on my list. Also good going on advising a new H&R owner and trying to bring him into this little on line family.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 06:32:12 PM »
Great minds in the same circle I guess, a 16 is still on my watch and want list also....<><.... :-D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 02:56:37 AM »
Congrats on your new acquisition...I have a 16GA Winchester Model 12 that my grandfather bought back in 1939 and I love shooting it.  I take it out searching for grouse...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense