Author Topic: Scope choice for a T-3 Tactical in 308?  (Read 367 times)

Offline searsmann

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope choice for a T-3 Tactical in 308?
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:16:32 AM »
I just purchased a T-3 tactical last sunday at a gun show and now i am in process of researching of what scope to mount. I plan on using this rifle for target and shooting out to 500 yrds. I cant decide on either a fixed power or a variable so if anybody has a tactical rifle i would appreciate any help. I dont mind spending up to 800.00 for a good scope.

Offline Buford

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Close
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:55:14 AM »
I have a Remington PSS in the same caliber - I use a 6.5X20 Leupold, 30mm tube, 50mm Obj. - so far it has worked great.

Offline .300weatherby

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 10:13:51 AM »
I happen to be blessed with a job that pays me to shoot a tactical rifle. Our department uses the Remington Police LTR as we don't need the added barrel length in an urban shooting situation. We use the Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 LR/T M1 milldot scope mounted with the Mark 4 rings. Some guys like more power or think it is needed but this setup will easily engage targets out to and beyond 800 meters. These scopes have proven to be very durable, provide a clear sight picture and a non critical eye relief. When looking at the Mark 4 it will help you to know that the M1 has 1/4" MOA windage and elevation adjustments while the M3 has 1/2" MOA windage and 1" MOA elevation adjustments. I prefer a variable power scope to a fixed as I feel I have more options at different distances with the variables. Some agencies do employ fixed power scopes in the 10 power range to engage targets to a 1000 meters and beyond. Hope this might help you out. If you need anymore info let me know and I'll try and help. Keep us posted on the Tikka Tactical as I was thinking of buying one for a home project.

Offline searsmann

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 02:30:45 PM »
thanks 300 weatherby i will buy the mark 4 setup with the mark 4 rings as soon as i save up the cash thanks for your help and i will keep you in mind for any questions i might have.