Author Topic: Muzzleloader barrel on SB2 receiver  (Read 651 times)

Offline Kart29

• Trade Count: (0)
Muzzleloader barrel on SB2 receiver
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »
Well, I just placed an order for a Handi-Rifle in .223 with the idea of also sending it in and having it fit for a muzzleloader barrel.  At first, I was just planning to get the NEF Sidekick but then I figured for not too much more I could get the .223 for coyote and the muzzleloader for deer using the same frame.  Pretty cool deal!

However, I got to thinking about the muzzleloader barrel on the Handi-Rifle.  The question is  -  where does the ramrod go?  I assume the barrel accessory program doesn't include a new forearm and the forearm of the .223 rifle won't be drilled out for storage of the ramrod.

How about it - anybody bought a muzzleloader barrel for their Handi-Rifle?  Where do you put the ramrod?

8)

Offline mt_jeep

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:30:13 AM »
Off the HR1871 web site:  Barrel (Includes Williams fire sights, ramrod, forearm, breech plug wrench and five primer carriers.)

The barell accessory page is at:

http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm

Offline getom59

Muzzleloader Accessory Barrel
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:35:29 AM »
I can't answer your questions directly but I do know you get the Williams fire sights, ramrod, forearm, breech plug wrench and five primer carriers for $79 plus shipping in the barrel accessory program.  Funny you should ask, I just looked this up for a friend of mine.

Offline Kart29

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:46:56 AM »
Quote from: mt_jeep
Off the HR1871 web site:  Barrel (Includes Williams fire sights, ramrod, forearm, breech plug wrench and five primer carriers.)

The barell accessory page is at:

http://www.hr1871.com/barrelAcc/index.htm

Geez!  What an idiot I am.  I looked that page all over a couple of times to make sure the ML barrel would fit the receiver.  I never noticed that part about including the forearm.

Thanks for making me look like a dope :D

8)

Offline rmtaylor

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:47:07 AM »
It comes just like mt_jeep says.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Muzzleloader Accessory Barrel
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 12:05:23 PM »
Quote from: getom59
I can't answer your questions directly but I do know you get the Williams fire sights, ramrod, forearm, breech plug wrench and five primer carriers for $79 plus shipping in the barrel accessory program.  Funny you should ask, I just looked this up for a friend of mine.

Don't forget to add the $15 fitting charge, too!! :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mt_jeep

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:20:39 AM »
Kart29

Don't feel bad... I do it all the time.  Nice to have a place where you can ask and not get flamed...

Good Luck... and if you think of it, PM me and let me know how you like the Muzzleloader barell.

MT_Jeep