Author Topic: anyone shoot their commemoratives  (Read 884 times)

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
anyone shoot their commemoratives
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:33:38 AM »
I picked up a Canadian commemorative & plan on shooting it ( ijust can't keep them unfired :eek: ) It probably is a sin but that's the way it goes I'll just repent at a later date with Bambi in the freezer :grin:
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:35:20 AM »
I had a Wells & Fargo Commerative once and I shot it.  It did hurt the value some when I sold it, but I have never had a gun that did not get shot.  I do not have enough money to buy them to collect and not shoot, but I do spend my money to shoot them and have fun.  Funny thing is I sold that gun to guy that was going to hunt with it.  He said that he liked having a pretty gun to hunt with.

Offline oneills

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:07:45 PM »
All guns are test fired before they leave the factory so a few rounds wouldn't hurt.

I once had a Chief Crazy Horse Model 94 in 38/55. I fired about a dozen shots out of it and the thing would shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards.

I ended up selling it to a collector too cheap. Worst mistake i ever made.

Offline ajj

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 02:55:16 AM »
Shoot it. I bought a well-used Canadian some years ago and it shoots great. They made a whole lot of the Canadians and I doubt that they're worth much if any premium.

Offline Steelbanger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 05:31:07 AM »
If you come to a Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette match here in PA you'll see all types of commemoratives being used. There are some really nice ones and it's great to see them perform, rather than being stuck in a box in someones closet.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life

Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Offline Iowahunter

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 01:25:46 PM »
I shoot my Legendary Frontiersman in 38-55.  I paid less for it than the new 94"s and I think it looks better.  23grs of H-322 W/ a Meister 245gr cast shoots right at an inch at 50yds.  I added a Williams FP sight to it and the groups shrunk right down.  I did get a box of Legendary Frontiersman ammo with it that I'll probaly keep.  Kinda looking for a Chief Crazy Horse now...... :-D

Offline Leadlum

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
I just bought a 1978 mod94 antlered game cormemitive for 500.00 just to have a nice mod 94 without all the safteies, and rebounding hammer. Also to have a nice looking gun. This gun don`t have any stamped sheet metal parts either. I bought it to be a "working gun". {I may be looking like a pimp out there though}
US ARMY 78-81
3rd Inf Div 2/15
Wildflecken,Germany