Author Topic: Simmons ATV  (Read 1255 times)

Offline nofun1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Simmons ATV
« on: April 21, 2005, 04:30:46 PM »
anyone heard of Simmons ATV scope 4.5x14 can you tell me if it would be a good scope for 17hmr?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Simmons ATV
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 05:09:49 PM »
They are excellent scopes, made in the Philippines originally for Walmart and sold by them for $125-$150....they now sell for about $75-$90. Have excellent glass and great FOV...I have 3 of them and intend on buying more if I get a chance as they are no longer made. The reticle is a little thicker than I like, but for the price, they're hard to beat for a rimfire rifle, the AO adjusts down to 30ft, which makes them real popular. They show up on Ebay frequently. Just mounted one on my 22 Hornet Handirifle, and this one is mounted on my 17M2 Sportster...

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
Simmons ATV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 04:14:18 PM »
quickdtoo is right. I have about four of them. I have used them on every thing from 17HMR to 25/06 and none have failed. I currently use one on my Contender carbine in 17HMR and it works great. Considering that your range is limited to about 225yds give or take, the heavy crosshairs don't bother me any. Adjustments are kind of finicky but thats to be expected on a low end scope. Thats the first I have heard that they are not made any more. Last time I checked my walmart they still had them. About $125 if I remember right. I'll have to check again next time I'm there.   KN

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Simmons ATV
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 04:51:38 PM »
If they still have em at $125, I wouldn't buy them unless they reduce the price to about $90, an Ebay seller has them NIB for $85 buy it now, or you can bid on them.....Some shooters at RFC have reported that their Walmarts still have them, but the majority say their Walmarts haven't had them for a long time....
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain