Author Topic: I want to put a leather thong on my...  (Read 744 times)

Offline Norseman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I want to put a leather thong on my...
« on: April 24, 2005, 05:32:18 AM »
I want to put a leather hammer thong  on my right handed Slim Jim style holster from Caballas.  Just where do you position it?  Do you attach it (looking down from the top of the holster) from the top, left, right or bottom?  Any suggestions or pictures?
RKBA!

Offline Shorty

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:55:02 AM »
I prefer right on the front, where the top of the revolver sits.  
Also, I don't like the thong bit either.  It's too hard to grasp and unhook.  I made a sort of spoon shaped heavy leather piece with a button-hole in it that catches the hammer spur.  Then I wet-formed it to act like a thumb-break on a modern holster.  I can actually flick it off, no fumbling or tugging.  8)

Offline Cheyenne

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:57:15 AM »
I don't care for thongs in general, and would think a leather one would be most uncomfort......huh?  OH, HOLSTER.....nevermind.  :oops:  :-D  :-D
Duelist may be coolist, but it takes BALLS to shoot Frontiersman!

Grand Army of the Frontier #4

Offline Norseman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:19:14 PM »
:eek: LOL!  I figured I'd get more replies with the way I worded my subject.    
I finally fooled with using plain old rawhide and made a loop attached to the left hand side of of the Cabelas' Slim Jim holster (real nice by the way for the price) and it works like a charm.  Very secure!  It's also fairly quick to flip off the hammer when the need arises.  In other words...when the need arises I flip off my thong! :)   (I couldn't help it).  Anyway...anybody else use a leather hammer thong on their...............holster?
RKBA!

Offline flamenblaster

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 02:22:17 AM »
Just wondering...what would be a good crossdraw holster to purchase for my 1860?..i would love to carry it that way but am not sure what brand/model i should look at..am 5' 11..bout 190 or so..would like it to be snug and secure while im out shooting my other guns..then draw and shoot..good camping fun..not wanting to conceal it just carry it that way..any suggestions would start me off better than i am now as im not sure what to look for (im new to holsters btw) ..thanks guys  :grin:
Good friends will come, and good friends will go...but jerks will just accumulate.

Offline Norseman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 06:23:30 AM »
Flamenblaster,
   The Slim Jim Holser that I just received from Cabellas is excellent!  I wear it cross draw style and it's perfect for roaming around the woods, shooting at an outlaw,  or what ever you want to do.  To top it off it's inexpensive AND not cheaply made.  I am thinking it is made by Oklahoma Leather for Cabelas.   Check it out!
RKBA!