Author Topic: Collapsable Stock for AR  (Read 727 times)

Offline Locoweed

• Trade Count: (0)
Collapsable Stock for AR
« on: April 29, 2005, 05:30:28 PM »
I've got a post-ban Bushmaster M4A2 (aka XM-15-E2S) -- can I put a collapsable stock on it now?  What should I look for -- I see a WIDE price range in stocks and really don't know what to buy.

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
Collapsable Stock for AR
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 10:32:33 PM »
If you bought a post ban M4, shouldn't it come with a collapsible stock?  Mine did.  Anyway, try Bushmaster's website, and they will tell you (If not ask them a question in the technical questions section and they will respond) because as a gun company that deals in the infamous "balck rifle" department, they are pretty in "the know".  

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Locoweed

Collapsable Stock for AR
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 12:16:53 PM »
"Post ban" is what we called them during the ban.  Pre-ban and Post-ban.  Then there was (is) No-ban.  Who makes the best aftermarket collapsable stock??

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Collapsable Stock for AR
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 12:47:20 PM »
if manufacturers can produce them,  so can you.  there are no federal restrictions on doing so.  just be sure local laws dont outlaw it.

Offline Savage

Collapsable Stock for AR
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 04:36:59 AM »
There are many stocks available from several sources. Check Cheaper than Dirt. They usually have the best prices on them. Get the 6 position adjustable one. They have a much more useful range of adjustment than the 4 positon. Plus, they have a larger butt pad surface. Far superior to the 4 position.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,