Author Topic: Finally got MY short 20ga  (Read 687 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Finally got MY short 20ga
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:42:54 PM »
After all the screwin' around with my local Wally World, last Thurs. I finally had to cancel my order and go to another Wally World about 20 miles away.  It only took a week and my SC2-Y43 Combo came in.  Now I have my 'Short 20ga Barrel'.  It is a good thing I picked up another set of standard stocks a while back.  The stocks pictured in the catalog were youth esquire stocks, like the 410 versa-pak comes with.  That is not what came on my combo.  They equipped it with the USH Youth stocks with swivel studs.  Bit longer LOP, which is fine for me and a VERY mild comb, so you can still use the bead on the 20ga.  This receiver is going out Monday to NEF for a slug barrel and a 30-06 UltraComp, if they still have one.  I sure hope they do.  I've seen the range report Mac posted and that looks real inviting.  If they have no more, then the 45-70 is 2nd choice.  
Dang!  Those stocks....I can't believe I got that lucky!  More than I bargained for.  It was worth the wait.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:04:08 AM »
Hate to break the bad news to you Cookieman but rifle barrels can not be fit to shotgun receivers.  Sounds like you've got you a nice 20 ga. though.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Ed in AL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:26:12 AM »
But rifle barrels can be added to the SB2 frame used in the .243/20 youth combo.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Ed in AL
But rifle barrels can be added to the SB2 frame used in the .243/20 youth combo.

Oops... Ed is correct. I did not catch that it was a .243/20 combo. Sorry.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
NO PROBLEM
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
Hey, we're KOOL.  I had plenty of time to research this as it took about 7 weeks from the 1st attempt to order.  Mainly, I was after the 'Shorty 20' and the SB2 receiver.  The 243 barrel is already sold, pending transfer from him to me and me to him.  Gives me enough $$$ to send it in for the 30-06 UltraComp.  Think I will probably get a smooth bore slugger 20 while its there, too.  
Finally, I can be 'restful excited' instead of 'anxious excited'.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: NO PROBLEM
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 07:12:20 PM »
Quote from: Cookieman
Finally, I can be 'restful excited' instead of 'anxious excited'.

Can you explain how that works? :)

Congrats on gettin' your gun. :wink:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Restfull/Anxious
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »
Yeah, I know, that sounds weird.  I'm not sure how that works either.  Just know it feels different.LOL

Like I said before, Thanks for the tip.  You started the rifle deal.  I had given up on that idea until I got your PM that Monday morning about SportsSouth.  Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"