Author Topic: Roa back home  (Read 735 times)

Offline dispatch 510

• Trade Count: (0)
Roa back home
« on: May 06, 2005, 03:18:24 AM »
:D  :-D  :-D Finally got my Roa back last night,had to sell it awhile back,due to unexpected medical emergency. anyway i want to do some upgrades,thinking about a set of oneraggedhole sights,has anyone tried these sights. also a aftermarket set of grips,any ideas. last but not least a conversion cylinder. my my roa is gouing to be a back up to my t/c new englander during bp season. i want the conversion for home defense and maybe a hog hunt, i need info on ammo, i do not reload so it will have to be off the shelf. thanks alot this is a fine forum with a lot of great folks.

Offline osceola

Roa back home
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 06:31:34 AM »
The "One Ragged Hole" comes with 2 different size sights, I use the smaller of the 2 on my MKII and can definitely say it offers very fast target acquisition.  On my ROA I use the adjustable ones it came with but I did have my gunsmith in-lay the front sight with a flourescent plastic on the back of the blade, not the top, then blackened the rest of it. For grips, I put a set of Hogue black rubber grips on my ROA, fit my hand much better and felt more secure than the factory ones, but that's a personal preference.  For factory loads in the R&D I would stay with "Cowboy" loads, ie. 250 gr lead at 8 - 900 fps, no problem on a whitetail out to about 35 yds.
Be Safe!

Offline Bear Rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Roa back home
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:29:04 AM »
If your primary reason for getting a conversion is home defence, find a used pump shotgun. It will likely be cheaper, and definitely a lot more effective.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline Blackhawk44

• A Real Regular
Roa back home
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 01:03:05 PM »
Not to mention, faster to reload...