Author Topic: Testing New Posts on Cast Bullet...  (Read 612 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Testing New Posts on Cast Bullet...
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:59:05 AM »
I got a PM that  New Posts were not working.  Heard the same thing on other threads.  I am sure Matt is 'on it'...just checking.
....make it count

Offline Robert

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 05:42:57 AM »
Sorry...It was Replies...not New Posts.  Is anybody else having a problem here?  Pistolfan has not been able to reply to topics.  If you can't reply please E-mail me farlandhr@gorge.net
....make it count

Offline Forest T

test
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:58:49 AM »
Quote from: Robert
Sorry...It was Replies...not New Posts.  Is anybody else having a problem here?  Pistolfan has not been able to reply to topics.  If you can't reply please E-mail me farlandhr@gorge.net
 let see if I can read this

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:53:14 AM »
There are NO system problems. The site is and has been working as it is supposed to work. I think the poster having problems was taking more than the allowed 20 minutes to make a post. Sessions last 20 minutes and that's about as long as we can allow based on the level of traffic. If you do not move data in 20 minutes the system logs you out.

If you're going to take over 20 minutes to type your reply then open a second window and move some data in it and then go back to your first windown and continue. That will keep your session active.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline pistolfan

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 11:39:29 AM »
Ole Greybeard hit it on the nose. I was taking more than twenty minutes to reply and the system dumped me I was told how to get around this other than learning how to type faster, my two fingers can only go so fast. Peter aka pistolfan

Offline BABore

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »
I've had this happen on a lot of forums. I usually start typing and don't know when to quit or get interupted several times. I found the best way to get around this is to select & copy your post prior to submitting it. If you happen to get logged out just log in, post reply, then paste. It saves a lot of retyping.

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59:42 PM »
Yup....BaBore.  Can also use WordPad to prepare any large documents...don't have to be 'ONLINE' either...then just copy and paste.
....make it count