Author Topic: New Binocs- Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x42s (My EL Replacement  (Read 332 times)

Offline dghuppert

• Trade Count: (2)
New Binocs- Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x42s (My EL Replacement
« on: May 09, 2005, 04:39:16 PM »
I've been looking for new binoculars since my van was stolen and with it my Swarovski EL 10x42s.  The ELs spoiled me but I didn't want to spend that kind of money again.  I checked Cabelas in KC and they had the Nikon LX 8x42s refurbs for $599.  Very nice but they only come with a 90 day warranty.  They also had the Zeiss Classic 10x40s for $749.  I came close to buying the Cabelas Alaskan Guide Series 10x42s but thought I would check out the Bushnell Factory Outlet store in Overland Park before making a final decision.  I'm glad I did.  They had one of the Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x42s left for $469.  These have been replaced by the new Bushnell Elite series so they were deeply discounted.  I checked various websites and the best I could find them were at $750.  I think I did great on the price and am very impressed with the quality.  I really wanted 10x for western hunting but the 8x will suit me fine.  The brightness and clarity is amazing.  I've heard these are great glass but now know that I will no longer miss my ELs.  Anyone else use these binocs?
Thanks,
Darnell

Offline Jimi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Binocs- Bausch & Lomb Elite 8x42s (
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 08:23:30 AM »
I think the quality of new optics today is just incredible. Where you will likely see the difference between these and your Swarovskis is as the years pass. It is the optical coating that makes the biggest difference, and that is what you pay for. Swaros and Zeiss and the like have coatings that will last an eon.

But for the price... you can replace your B&L every 10 years and still be money ahead!
WWJD?(What Would Jimi Do?)