Author Topic: Swift quality?  (Read 702 times)

Offline Jim B.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Swift quality?
« on: May 12, 2005, 02:00:35 AM »
I know almost nothing about Swift brand scopes.  They seem priced in the Tasco/Bushnell price range.  Does anyone have experience with their products?

Jim B.

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
Swift quality?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 02:20:58 AM »
Good name you have there. :)  I have several Swift scopes including the 3x9 in the low cost version and the 4x12 in the Premier line. I have them on a 280 and a 308. I can not find a single fault to report on these scopes nor have I ever heard any complaints. IMO experience they are a fine scope and for sure, worth the money. They have been in use for three years now and I have not had to touch the adjustment since sighting them in. I paid 99.00 for the 3x9 and 145.00 for the 4x12. The premiers are very bright and very clear.
shot placement is everything.

Offline Jim B.

• Avid Poster
Swift quality?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:32:30 AM »
Thanks much for the info James.  I was looking at the Premier line offered by EA Brown for my Encore .223.  Seemed like a nice price for a coyote scope if the quality was acceptable.

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
Swift quality?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:56:02 AM »
They sure seem fine to me.
shot placement is everything.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
I hav2 of the 4-12 premeirs
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 10:18:01 AM »
I have 2 of the 4-12 Premiers on my Beeman R7 and BSA Supr Sport  air rifles. They are pretty popular among some of the moderate power spring air rifle users.  They're supposed to have as good a guarantee as Leupold.  And remember spring air rifles have a nasty recoil cycle (forward and back) that can eat up scopes made for high recoil firearms.

I'm happy with mine. I really like the close range adjustable objective.
HTH
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline cgturner7

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Swift quality?
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 09:34:05 AM »
I have a 3-9x40 Premier on my H&R .308.  It has performed flawlessly for the past three years.  I also have a pair of Swift Audobon 8.5x44 binoculars that have been simply awesome.  They have travelled to four continents and been put to pretty tough use (jungle steam to Sahara sand and Alaska outback).  While I dream about buying more expensive binos I can't justify the cost when my Swifts do the job without fail.