Author Topic: What improvements would you like to see in the NEF Shotguns  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Critter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
There is a post over in the NEF centerfire rifle forum asking what folks would like to see NEF offer that they don't currently.  Thought I would throw one up here and see what people had to say out of curiosity.

I would like to see Parkerizing as a finish option on the turkey, waterfowl, Tracker and Ultra slug guns.

I would like to see synthetic stocks on shotguns, especially the Tracker line.

I would love to have a TDC in 28 ga.

What about you?

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
What improvements would you like to see in
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 05:12:43 AM »
number one, they need to POLISH the barrels. i am sick of the rough finish and the "rings" around the barrel that you can see where the tooling marks are.

number two, i would be more than willing to pay the price difference to see them use better machining tolerances so we can swap barrels with ease. i would love to have a shotgun with 4 barrels i could switch between without rigging them or being without them while they are at the factory. that seems like a bunch of BS that we have to do that and then PAY for the fitting and all that, when i would rather pay that amount up front and have it fit the first time.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 05:31:51 AM »
Metal forearm spacers and trigger guards

As stated above synthetic stock models and while were wishing they might as well be camo or at least O.D.

Parkerized or nickel finnish barrels

Bring back the long tom classic.

Make a 12 ga smooth bore with rifle sights and a scope mount

Improve the wood to metal fit on all guns and as Matt said egt the QC and machining tolerances tight enough that we could just buy barrels.

Why not offer the grandaddy of all set with all of the various gauges and slug barrels included

I know I'll think of a million other things but thats all for now.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 10:40:41 AM »
I'ld like to see them offer a 16 ga. with a vet rib, a  straight (English style) stock without the pistol grip and a nickeled frame.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
What I would like!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 01:41:47 PM »
YESSS!  All of the above.  Plus, this wasn't mentioned yet,  how about just one receiver.  The SB2 !  That, along with the machining tolerances tightened, would mean you could buy just one and fit any barrel you want to it.  Rifle or Shotgun.  Mix and Match to build what suits YOU.
BTW, unless they have sold out of them, they still have some of the smooth bore 12ga Tracker I barrels.  Open sights only, though.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 03:34:39 PM »
I think they should offer all the various choke sizes...and give you a minimium of 3 with the purchase.

Also...a nickled receiver would be nice...along with either nickle or  a stainless trigger gaurd and forend spacer..

And while I'm wishing...:oops: .errrr dreaming... having a trap configuration with a high  vent rib and high monte carlo stock would be nice

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Critter

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 10:15:34 AM »
Apparently we're not as picky about our shotguns as our rifles.   :wink:   I'll send our suggestions to NEF, maybe it will do some good, then again, maybe not.

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 03:17:50 PM »
Huntsman 12 gauge is what I would like to see.

I would buy one if it was available.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 01:31:40 AM »
I can't for the life of me understand why they don't make a huntsman 12ga and a handi chambered for 32 h&R mag. I've got an old Huntsman 12ga that was my Dad's that I bet he didn't shoot 20 times. I haven't had a chance to shoot it  yet.
Critter I think the reason for the lack of responses to this thread is that they were all covered in the thread on the CF board and a lot of guys that post here have already posted it over there. Shotguns are not tinkered with as much and not expected to produce the sub MOA groups that are expected of rifles. Half of the post on the CF forum are asking for new or reintroduced  calibres.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 02:37:02 AM »
Drilling and tapping the 10GA barrels closer to a standard scope location instead of in a scout scope location.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline RedRyder21

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 04:33:54 PM »
A smoother finish on the outside of the barrels, parkerizing, but most of all I would like to see metal trigger guards.
I love shotguns! :cb2:

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
Ah yes...Metal trigger guards...I forgot to mention that one.  Good catch...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline RedRyder21

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »
Quote from: WNY_Whitetailer
Ah yes...Metal trigger guards...I forgot to mention that one.  Good catch...

I would defintly pay the diffrence in costs. Of all of the improvments mentioned, I want a metal trigger guard... AND I WANT IN NOW!!!! :evil:

:-D OOpps, got a little carried away! :D

We should start a metal trigger guard campaign. I would buy alot more of there shotguns if they had one, but until then I will only have my 12gauge pardner.

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 02:44:13 AM »
The metal trigger guard is a good thing.  :D

Offline TNred

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »
Modify the turkey model (24-inch barreled, camo gun) to have a screw in choke, and a simple but adjustable fiber optic sight (front and rear).

Offline RedRyder21

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 12:10:02 PM »
Would anyone else here be intrested in starting a "friendly" letter writing campaign to NEF to start producing metal trigger guards...

Or is my metal trigger guard dream just a dream?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 12:39:10 PM »
They already make one and you can buy it as a set with a metal forearm spacer. It's pricey though. Do a search for metal trigger guard and I'm sure you'll find the info.

Offline chrsm

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 07:15:43 PM »
my son 12 has bin shooting trap with a nef for two months now. its the day before the ny ATA state trap shoot and I went to clean his gun. The firing pin has broke, twice in two months! SB1 with his 20 ga! SB2 with a vent rib 12 ga! So I have two say if you plan to really shot your nef (300 to 500) shots a week you better be ready for breaks.                                                          I do not mind the trigger guards are spacers.I just want a firing pin that can withstand to be shot!!!!!                                                                     P.S. If you order a vent rib barrel use a montycarlo stock. The hight of the vent rib is completely state all the way down the barrel! There is no taper to it. So with a standard stock you shoot very low!!!!