Author Topic: !2 ga. rifled barrel?  (Read 678 times)

Offline tanoose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
!2 ga. rifled barrel?
« on: May 15, 2005, 01:41:13 AM »
I am about to send NEF my 10 ga. frame as they said they can fit it with there 12 ga. 3" chamber 24" rifled bull barrel. So for a starting point i was wondering if there seemed to be  a favoret slug out there that the NEF barrel seems to like the most? Until now i only have experience with the rifled slugs used in smoothbores.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Hornady
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »
Don't know if these are favorite slugs of anyone, but they sure look like they would GRD(Get-er-Done)
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Critter

• Contributor
!2 ga. rifled barrel?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 02:07:26 AM »
My brother shoots Winchester High Impact sabots out of his.  Standing, shooting offhand he can hit 1/2 gal milkjugs all day long at 125 yards.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
!2 ga. rifled barrel?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 07:27:02 AM »
I had exceptional luck with the Litefields Hybreds...2-3/4 " slugs. it would shoot MOA @100 yards...and was devestating to whitetails..also...the Winchester supreme with the Nosler Partittion has done great in them...there was a review out on the web for a while using our 12 ga...Ultra Slug hunter pitted against a Tar-Hunt...and it held it's own against it...I wish I could find the whole article for ya...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline tanoose

• A Real Regular
!2 ga. rifled barrel?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 02:40:05 PM »
Thanks guys i purchased some federal barnes expanders , remington ultra core-lokt and winchester partitions in both 2 3/4 anmd 3" now i just need to find someone who has the Hornady H2K slugs in stocikwant to give them a try also.

Offline Critter

• Contributor
!2 ga. rifled barrel?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 10:54:50 AM »
Another slug that I have had real good luck with is the Winchester Platinum Tip.  Real accurate out of two guns so far, both Remingtons, and absolutely devestating on game.  I have only shot 1 deer with it so far but the results were incredible, just like I turned off a switch.