Author Topic: hot dog!!  (Read 713 times)

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
hot dog!!
« on: May 16, 2005, 05:37:29 PM »
i learned over the winter that one my cousins, who just turned 11 is nuts over hunting & fishing. because of disputes between my parents and his over the selling of my grandparents farm, not a lot of socilizing has been done over the past 2 years, but thats changing.

anyways, what i'm looking for is a .22 that he will use under my supervision, and that i will evetually give to him. i'm thinking a bolt action, maybe single shot, but i know from experiance those can get boring pretty fast. Norinco makes a couple of good little .22 repeaters for $159.99 Cdn and and lower.the Savage Mk 2 is $184.99, it's the next cheapest .22 around.i might also consider a good quality Cooey 39 single shot or a  model 60 repeater, but they would have to be in mint condition. i know of a guy on CGN who is selling a good condition 39 with a cut down stock for $75 which might be ideal, as Devon is a little guy, but he'll eventually grow bigger so that might not be the best idea.

he's got the bug bad, he won a few thousand dollars in a small town poker derby a year ago and has used it to buy a Lil'Brave compound bow and subscriptions to numerous bowhunting magazines. maybe if it's okay with his parents he can pick a .22 a pay for it, it'll just have to put on my licence.
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline HuntingGirl2005

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: hot dog!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
Quote from: kevin.303
i learned over the winter that one my cousins, who just turned 11 is nuts over hunting & fishing. because of disputes between my parents and his over the selling of my grandparents farm, not a lot of socilizing has been done over the past 2 years, but thats changing.

anyways, what i'm looking for is a .22 that he will use under my supervision, and that i will evetually give to him. i'm thinking a bolt action, maybe single shot, but i know from experiance those can get boring pretty fast. Norinco makes a couple of good little .22 repeaters for $159.99 Cdn and and lower.the Savage Mk 2 is $184.99, it's the next cheapest .22 around.i might also consider a good quality Cooey 39 single shot or a  model 60 repeater, but they would have to be in mint condition. i know of a guy on CGN who is selling a good condition 39 with a cut down stock for $75 which might be ideal, as Devon is a little guy, but he'll eventually grow bigger so that might not be the best idea.

he's got the bug bad, he won a few thousand dollars in a small town poker derby a year ago and has used it to buy a Lil'Brave compound bow and subscriptions to numerous bowhunting magazines. maybe if it's okay with his parents he can pick a .22 a pay for it, it'll just have to put on my licence.

Maybe you should get him a 22 Cricket. That was my 2nd kind of gun I used when i was 5
Jasmine Alexis Kay Smith