Author Topic: powerbelt bullets  (Read 1764 times)

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
powerbelt bullets
« on: November 29, 2002, 05:00:35 PM »
i have been hearing some gun shop rambling around here about guys losing deer with power belt bullets! what gives lets hear your stories!

Offline kevin

• Avid Poster
power belts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 05:27:10 PM »
deputy, if yur hearing stories at the shops abuot loseing deer from power belts something is very wrong with the shooters  eather taking bad shots or to long a shot with out a scope or the individuals are thinking that the bullit will penatreta trees or branches, don't listen to them, because as a matter in fact that bullet will more than do its job i have killed three deer with the power belt bullets one useing 285gr, 1w/325, and one with a 325gr all lead power belt, all dropped in there tracks and did not move , all shots were with in 75 yards and all  but one was a broad side shot the last one was a quartering toward me shot that one even bounced when she was hit.my close friend killed four this year and dropped two hog with the 285gr power belts, oh yea we live in georgia and can this year kill 10 does and 2 bucks.still waiting for my buck to show up.
                                                kevin
TOS violation warning given 4-2-05 Account deactivated 4-5-05. E-mail GB to get reinstated.

Offline KING

• A Real Regular
powerbelt bullets
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 07:04:45 AM »
:D I have not heard of anyone having any problems that put a good hit into the animal..that is a good chest hit..the one guy that complains a lot came over last night and to be very frank..he could not hit a deer if it was sitting in his lap...and im serious...again...no complaints if there is a good hit on the animal...i had a guy complain that a .458 Mag was not any good..did not have enough power..I know..I know..he is from this planet too....at any rate his problem was that he did two belly hits on deer and they ran away...He is the typeof subject i dont hunt with,and will not listen to reason...he figures that the caliber,regardless of the impact area,will put the animal down...what an idjut..he just wont believe that it is not the caliber,but the heart/lung area that does the job..he figured that a hit in the paunch with that cannon should drop it onna spot...now he has a .338 ....i think the problem with those slugs is the bullet placement,not the slug itself..king....i learned a long time ago its the shooter...not the bullet that screews up most of the time......
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......