Author Topic: help decide between sig 226 and springfield xd 9  (Read 744 times)

Offline Mike357mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
help decide between sig 226 and springfield xd 9
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:21:45 PM »
My next purchase will be the sig 226(9mm)  or springfield xd 9.  The sig is a used one from cdnn.  The xd is new.  They are both hi capacity and about the same size and price.   I have read a lot about both guns.  the xd has some sort of different trigger mechanism not sure what the pull would be like. The sig is suposed to have a very long trigger pull.  The deal is I have to pay for it before it is ordered, but I will get it at cost  and there are none on hand to try out.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Savage

help decide between sig 226 and springfield
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:37:39 PM »
Sig 226,-----you have to ask?
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Mr.Niceguy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 02:35:48 PM »
Mike- SIGs have a long reset, but the trigger pull tends to be the smoothest.  My P225 has a very heavy DA trigger, however it is smooth as silk.  I have no experince with the XD so I won't comment.  
What will this handgun serve as(range, home defense, lawful CCW)?

Offline dougk

• Moderators
  • Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »
The SIGs are proven.

Also, not to throw a wrench in, but have you considered the Steyr S-9?  They still may be available.  The Steyr could possibly be the finest pistol I have owned.
Doug

Offline Mike357mag

• Avid Poster
pistol mostly for target practice but also concealed carry
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 10:22:51 AM »
Just got to dry fire a sig trigger pull ok but the rest is way to long.  Anybody got any advice on the xd springfield.  Styer looks ok but the sights look weird.  What I want is a 9mm double action high capacity I will not own a glock and already have a berretta 92.  Hk is too exspensive.  What about cz pistols are they any good, look cheap with roll pins and finish looked like model paint.

Offline Mr.Niceguy

CZ!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »
Mike- I assure you that CZs are the most underrated arms out today.  The 75B, BD, and the P-01 would meet your requirement for a DA 9mm semi.  CZ also recently introduced the SP-01, with a capacity of IIRC 18 rounds.  The polycoat finish is VERY durable, and very business like.  You should be able to find a P01 for around $400-500 depending on your locale.  The 75BD(decocker model) goes for $350-425ish if you shop around.

Offline Mike357mag

• Avid Poster
thanks guys
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »
Well I gave up on the high capacity could not find a configuration with a good trigger( other than what I already have).  So I am getting a kimber 38 super, something I wanted for a while but didnt want to spend the money.

Offline Savage

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 01:54:35 PM »
Mike,
You are pretty much going to have to reload if you plan on shooting the Super very much. Ammo is scarce and expensive. The Kimber is a fine platform though. I hesitate to reccomend the Para, but I have a friend that has a P-18-9, I believe it's called. It's a hicap 9mm on the 1911 platform. Good trigger and cheap to shoot. He currently has issues with the magazines, but he'll work them out. Might be something you want to consider.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Mike357mag

• Avid Poster
not aproblem I load everything I shoot but shotgun shells
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 01:39:03 AM »
I stopped useing factory ammo when I had a problem with a bullet stopping in the barrel useing factory ammo years ago.  The company made good after I mailed them a letter and the shell caseing with the primer half way out of the pocket and the bullet that had to be hammered out the barrel along with the lot number torn off the carton.  They actually called me at home and mailed me 5 boxes of free ammo in the same caliber.  It was a good thing that the gun jammed kicking out the empty caseing and sounded funny. Oh yeah that was my first 38 super also a cheap auto ordnance.

I would like to pass on some info of a gun dealer in my neck of the woods (dinwiddie Virginia about 40 minutes south of virginia) Dinwiddie sporting goods.  The owner Herb will sell anything out of cdnn investments (probably other places also) for $25.00 to 50.00 above his cost if you pay up front.  Some customers actually pay cdnn with their credit card and have it shipped to him for the transfer.

Offline RWH24

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 02:06:52 AM »
Sig 226 DAK
6.5lb trigger every pull :wink:

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 02:31:39 AM »
The Sig 226 would be my choice, hand down.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA