Author Topic: almost a record for the busiest forum!!!  (Read 904 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
almost a record for the busiest forum!!!
« on: May 25, 2005, 04:53:27 PM »
OK Guys, I have been watching this forum and site as well as the numbers and am hopeful that by the time you lucky Handiholics all march off the the "First Annual Handi-Rifle/Graybeards Prairie Dog Hunt and Stretchers of the Truth Convention and Intervention Session" that this forum would be the most prolific Graybeards Forum in all categories. Well we just might make it. Only 45 posts (new topics) separate us from the next highest count of topics. This forum blows all others away in categories of #'s of views and number of posts. And thats not taking into account our relatively short time here (Thanks GB!!!).
Only 34 more posts and we be be the overall busiest forum on the entire site!!! Congratulations to all that frequent this fine site and keep up the good work!!!
How about them apples GB!!!! Take care of those guys lucky enough to make the trip to meet the PD's in Hooker(? :-D ) for they are your solid base of posters!!!! And Guys, take care of GB, without him (and Matt and Mrs GB) we would not have this great site!!!.
Wish I could be there with you....<><.... :grin:    

(posted to the PD info forum also...)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 05:05:16 PM »
its just a matter of time and i dont think it will take to much time for the nef forum to move ahead :toast:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:13:07 PM »
Jeff223, we beat the closest other forum in number of views by close to 100,000 views!!! We beat the next closest forum in number of posts by about 8,000!!! And we are just 45 topics away from being the most prolific forum on the site in all categories!!! This is one active group of members for being here for such a short amount of time. This is one active bunch of guys!!! I for one am proud of all of you !!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »
Yup this bunch are prolicfic posters if nothing else.  :-D  Now notice I didn't say they were full of hot air.  :eek:  How some ever I might end up saying that about some of them come the latter part of next week. I just have a feeling one or two of them "might" be stretchers of the truth. I'll know more on this come June 3.  :lol:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 05:17:30 PM »
I wish all of you the best GB, and since I can't make it please feel free to enjoy yourself for me while your there!!! Heck, you can even stretch a tale or two for me in my absence!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline Deadeye47

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 05:38:22 PM »
Well...I for one have really enjoyed this site...it's fun,entertaining and very educational ( and as addicting as the handirifle!). There is not a day that goes by that I don't learn something on this site. Great and diverse bunch of guys....some times heated conversations pop up but that just goes to show the diversity of the opinions and knowledge available to all here.. My thanks too G.B. for our excellent home base.....  :D and this isn't just a bunch of hot air either!! :roll:  (I'm saving that for the P.D.shoot!! :-D
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 06:34:08 PM »
I would also like to add that me being kinda new here and also new to my handi rifles you guys are great and have helped me an awefull lot. I hope to have my 3rd handi soon in .17 cal. Thank you all

Offline Muddy05

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 01:06:15 AM »
Awesome site guys!! Keep it up!!! Thanks for all the help!  :music:
Go 214th!!

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 01:11:34 AM »
I have to echo what Deadeye47 said. I know I am not the most knowedgeable but not a day goes by that I don't gleam something here and heck it at least keeps off the streets. :wink:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 12:14:22 PM »
I say...the NEF guys are #1...let's really look at  all the numbers shall we...

The TC forums....stack up like this...left to right...3,442....23,104....206,009

The NEF forums...5,025.....41,943..... 307,444.........

This is not including the upcoming prarie dog forum.....

So...looking at it from this perspective... :wink:

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 06:29:47 PM »
I have to agree this is a great bunch here. I showed up looking for something for my Dad's Handies. I stuck around and found out about the BC in 45/70 and now that is in my collection, it shoots the black stuff just fine btw. Every day I take a look at this place and I always learn something.

Well done and many thanks to GB for having this place.

Everyone have a good Memorial Day Holiday, and remember the people that made it all posible for us, both on the front line and those in the rear supplying them, men and women that defend this country and its way of life, who put the needs of their Country before their own.

God bless.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 12:59:08 AM »
Mac, looking at it that way, and I believe it is a valid comparison, we were #1 long ago. I posted to that a while back and I think it may have been GB himself that commented about the other single forum being more active than our single forum. That was of course given the fact that they had been here a lot longer. Well, we will soon be the busiest, most active forum on the board in every way you can compare!!!....<><.... :grin:

by the way,  37 and counting down on number of (new) posts. I do believe there is a chance we could be #1 in all aspects before you guys go to the Prairie Dog shoot!!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 10:13:50 AM »
You're gonna hafta have a real spurt of activity to catch the TC crowd before the prairie dog shoot and so many of the active posters being away that long will drop you some in comparison. The TC Handgun Forum was always the most busy here until you guys came along. You are definitely more active now but they've had a long head start on you.

There are actually three TC Forums. (Handguns, Rifles and Classifieds) as far as activity goes the last time I looked the NEF Centerfire Forum was the most active as far as views by far. Next up was the TC Handgun followed very closedly by the TC Classifieds and the regular Classifieds. The TC Rifle forum was well back but still in the top ten over all. Not sure if those numbers still apply.

The various classifieds will never be big in numbers of threads as we delete them when items sell but look at the activity level as measured by views and you'll see the various GBO Classifieds really get some attention.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 11:33:26 AM »
MSP Ret You are going to have to take up the slack next week or so.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 11:38:50 AM »
There'll be enough of us not attending the PD shoot to keep the home fires burning brightly, count on it!!! :wink:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 12:13:22 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Yup this bunch are prolicfic posters if nothing else.  :-D  Now notice I didn't say they were full of hot air.  :eek:  How some ever I might end up saying that about some of them come the latter part of next week. I just have a feeling one or two of them "might" be stretchers of the truth. I'll know more on this come June 3.  :lol:

that aint hot air....its gas :shock:  :oops:
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 12:46:07 PM »
Let's make believe were educated and call it flatulence!!!....<><.... :-D

Or as we used to say at work, "Wow!!! It smells like something crawled up inside of you and died!!!! :bye:

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 03:30:44 PM »
Someone is going to have to take up the slack while the "First Annual Handi-Rifle/Graybeards Prairie Dog Hunt and Stretchers of the Truth Convention and Intervention Session" is going on. I for one will not be able to read or post for that 10 days. Will have to post pics and notes when we get back. Going to miss the ones not there.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 03:39:47 PM »
:D , And we that can't make it will miss you guys, have some fun for me will you Grandpa Mike....<><....:grin:

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 03:46:09 PM »
Have fun and be safe guys. Wish I had the time and funds available to join you.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC