Author Topic: More "Crime" Control in Britain on the way...  (Read 951 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
More "Crime" Control in Britain on the way...
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:07:05 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

Figured this wouldn't be long in coming in Britain, Canada, probably Austrailia and who knows, Massachusetts and California as well..

:?  :?  :?  :noway:

Idiots!!
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
More "Crime" Control in Britain o
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:34:44 AM »
Gee, didn't they say the same thing about guns?  Isn't that where dan blather is from, especially with his statement calling for gun control in the wake of the Oklahoma city bombing and the Simson knife murders??

Ain't they ever gonna learn?  Mikey.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »
I can see it now... Background checks and registration of kitchen cutlery. And let's not forget a total ban on 'assault knives'.  :roll:  

Holy cow that man has a Ginsu!!!  :eek:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline tubbythetuba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:59:18 PM »
It's a proven fact the 98% of all deaths happen within 25 miles of home. If we could outlaw living within 25 miles of home, just think of all the lives we could save.............let's do it for the children :roll:
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline Brett

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 04:20:06 PM »
Quote from: tubbythetuba
It's a proven fact the 98% of all deaths happen within 25 miles of home. If we could outlaw living within 25 miles of home, just think of all the lives we could save.............let's do it for the children :roll:

Sounds as rational as 'gun control', 'cutlery confiscation' and New Jersey's 'runny egg law'.    :?

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 05:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Brett

Sounds as rational as 'gun control', 'cutlery confiscation' and New Jersey's 'runny egg law'.    :?

Please.... don't tell me you can't have an over easy egg in NJ :-D
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »
Being good "subjects of the crown" the sheeple will accept it for "the common good". Glad I'm a citizen not a subject!
gino  :grin:

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
British crime control
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 05:55:10 AM »
While I lived there in 91-3 a man was arrested for carrying a stupifying substance in public.  Guess what it was-- a bottle of household ammonia on his way home from the store!  He was eventually released though but with a stern warning.  More like a big cult than a country.
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Bigdog57

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 03:22:16 PM »
It's about time we sent the B-52's over England and drop a few metric tonnes of Testosterone, especially over greater London.  Might turn the frilly-panty wearing, perfumed  hanky-sniffing girlie-men in Parliament back into MEN.  With this attitude regarding weapons, an angry pack of wooden-spoon wielding, cookie-maddened  Girlguides could roll over them - since their real men are currently occupied over in Jihadistan.   :grin:

I'm wondering how soon they require Government registration of hammers, screwdrivers and cricket bats?   :wink:

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 04:23:02 PM »
....And no more painting walls...going to pass a law that henceforth there will be no more painted or wooden walls or floors...one must instead  apply a minimum of 2" of polyurethane foam...
     Everyone then is at home in a "rubber room"...

Another shining example of " Liberal logic"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Brett

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 03:11:17 AM »
Quote from: Brett

Please.... don't tell me you can't have an over easy egg in NJ :-D

Yep, about 5 years ago they passed a law prohibiting restaurant from serving eggs with a soft yolk because they had a couple of cases where someone got botulism that they traced to some eggs.   You probably can't get a rare hamburger or steak served to you in a NJ restaurant by now.  Thank God I left that commie' state a few rears ago and moved south.  Stupidity is spreading here too but it is nowhere as bad as it has gotten up north.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 08:15:27 AM »
Brett;

Itr sounds like you wouldn't like living in a " nanny state "....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline tck

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 05:33:14 AM »
Better outlaw rocks and pointed sticks.  I've killed several animals with both and can vouch for their lethality.....

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
weapons
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 07:45:33 AM »
Many years ago near my home town we had a case that became somewhat famous at the time.  Some body used a frozen leg of lamb to bludgeon some one to death.  They later served the lamb to the deputy sheriff.  (Small town area.)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 08:07:59 AM »
My point exactly!  :?

Only police and military (i.e. the government) allowed to have access to potentially dangerous objects such as frozen squirrels, legs of lamb, salmon, knives, firearms etc.

Proof again, as the gun banners are fond of saying (with sincerity) : "We must do it if it saves only one life...."

:roll:
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Taff

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 10:53:02 AM »
Bad news knives are not to be banned after all ( I was planning to corner the spoon market) but they plan to make you be over 16 to purchase one, that will cut the number of domestic stabbings i,m sure. GB is a funny place to live we can,t have hand guns but we can have very short rifles (pistols with long barrels to you) we have the right under the human rights act to have silencers fitted to all our guns, we can shoot any game species on land you have permission to shoot on with out applyin for tags like the US and squirrels are in season all year around ain,t it great to be british