Author Topic: Think about buying the Win SUper X 2 3 1/2 shotgun!  (Read 772 times)

Offline varmit_master

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Think about buying the Win SUper X 2 3 1/2 shotgun!
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:56:47 PM »
Hi i am looking at a Super X 2 with a 24 inch barrel camo just for a turkey guni have heard they pattern good with a custom choke so the people that has one please let me know what you think about them thanks VM

Offline RBishop

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Think about buying the Win SUper X 2 3 1/2
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:20:22 AM »
I have an X2 but it doesn't have a turkey barrel so I guess I can't help you with that part.  But it has been an excellent performing gun. I use mine for waterfowl primarily.

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 05:31:33 PM »
HI RBishop i order me a new Win Super X 2 NWTF turkey gun today with a 24 inch barrel and sights i like the way they look and pointed VM

Offline Doc T

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 05:47:51 AM »
Be sure you pattern it.  My buddy had the same gun in a Browning Gold.  He took it duck hunting.  After missing a "hovering" greenhead at 15yds, he patterned it.  With the sights on, as low as they would go,  he was shooting 4ft high at 20yds.  I told him to remove the rear sight altogether and just use the front bead.  He started hitting again.  I guess I could have kept my mouth shut and bought the gun from him cheap!

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »
Hi out at Anderson's Custom Chokes and Shotguns that is the gun Keith said to get for turkey hunting he said they almost are the same gun But the Win Dont jam like the Browning he said stay away from it he was working on a gold at the time i was out there for jamming VM

Offline Sx2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 02:47:18 PM »
So how's it working out VM?
Member:
IDDDDC
Illinois Diver Ducks Don't Dally Club

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:36:32 PM »
Hi SX2 will have to wait until spring turkey season too see. lol VM :D

Offline Pickwick

• Trade Count: (2)
Super X2
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 06:18:23 AM »
I know this is late but thought I may give you my experience with my gun, I have the 26 inch camo model.  With just a Tru glo turkey choke in it, it will mess a turkey up out to 45 yds with Winchester #5 black box 3.5's.  This is as far as I have shot it at a bird but wouldnt be scared to go further.  I have killed every bird I have shot at including two 25lb birds here in the Ozark mts with it.  It is also a great duck gun and has never jammed on me in 2.5 years.  I would buy it over the Browning every time and take the money I saved and use it for other things with confidence that it will shoot with the Browning side by side.  They are good guns