Author Topic: H&R Survey  (Read 7661 times)

Offline tom barthel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
H&R SURVEY
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2005, 09:59:09 AM »
Hi
I appreciate your concern for your customer base.  Please remember we allready own samples of your product.  If money is tight, we may or may not buy another.  I hope you weigh all factors in granting our wishes.

Survey questions

Offline tom barthel

• Avid Poster
Survey questions
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 10:42:06 AM »
Sorry, I hit a wrong key.    

Survey questions  

1.   I purchased my first handi-rifle in 1995.  The second rifle was  
      purchased in 1996.  

2.    For the first rifle, I wanted a .45-70 just to have a .45-70.  The  
       second rifle was purchased because I wanted a .30-40.  The easiest  
       way to get a .30-40 was to buy a .30-30 and have it rechambered.  
       I realise this voids the warranty on this barrel.  The rifles were
       simple and very sound.  A lot of gun for a small amount of cash.  

3.     I really like the simplicity and value.  

4.    I would like to see a case for carrying extra barrels.  Sure would be  
       handy to carry at least two extra scoped barrels.  I would also like to  
       see a .338-06 barrel in the acc. barrel line up.  I believe the cost    
       could be kept down by having a pay as you go program.  That is to  
       pay in advance for specialty items.  I do have a complaint your    
       triggers are terrible.    

5.    I would purchase a case for extra barrels.  Possibly a 2-7 power            
       scope.  I detest using Chinese communist scopes.    

6.     I would buy shares in your company IF I could make a big profit.  I  
        don't need stock in your company but would like a better product.  
        I own three marlins, a .444 a model 1894 in .44 magnum and a bolt  
        action .22 magnum.      

I am aware some suggestions are not practical in a business sense.  To give us what we want may warrant a price increase.  I believe the rifles made by your company are the best buy available.

Thank you for your interest.

May God bless you and yours.

Tom

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
H&R Survey
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »
Diana  :D Hello.  I am a short term handi owner 2 years now 3 handi rifles 1 shot gun.....Reason for buying: price ,accuracy & american made!!!!!In business if you change a product it usually cost more money....So I would leave the handi rifle just the way it is.....There are to many gun makers going to foreign makets I like US made.....Which products do I wish H&r made...The barrels to be bought over the counter at a local gun shop or retail store.....Yes I woulkd be interested in stock oppions as long as H&R stays state side.....Dale

Offline lgall

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Survey
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 01:53:36 PM »
I am a new handi owner.  Like most people I would like to see a redesign of the hammer and more caliber options like the 35 whelen or 338-06.  I would also like to see the barrels be available without the need to be fitted as well as the triggers adjusted out of the box.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
H&R Survey
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 04:31:24 PM »
I've been using H&R shotguns since 1972. I have limited but ever increasing experience with the rifles. I own a 357 survivor and a 45-70 that I have'net got a chance to shoot yet. I concur with most of what has already been said. QC is a big issue. There are always going to be request for different calibres but the one I have consistently seen over the years on this board and the old H&R talk is the 35 whelen. I'd love to see a 32H&R mag handi barrel. I'd like to see some camo synthetic stocks. A major beef with a lot of guys here and elswhere is the chinese pump gun. I would also post this question in the H&R/NEF shotgun forum. I'd buy some shares if they were available. Thanks for your time and interest.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Firelock

H&R Survey
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2005, 06:07:12 AM »
Are you a recent or long-term H&R owner?

Long term I guess...I've had a Handi Rifle for a few years

What were the main reasons that you chose to buy the H&R product over another competitor?

Price was a key issue, But I just liked the compact single-shot design. I like top-break actions

What specifically about the H&R products do you like or not like?

I like the top break design and barrel interchangeability, but having to ship the action off has kept me from ordering another barrel. I like the .45-70 caliber. I really hate the plastic stocks. I'd prefer a steel trigger guard.

What types of products do you wish H&R made?

I'd like to see you bring back you .32 Mag top break pistol.

Are there any accessories, if offered by H&R, that you would purchase?

An aperture sight

If you were offered to purchase a share or shares of the company, would you?

Probably not

Offline Creede Kid

H&R Survey
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2005, 06:53:53 AM »
Welcome Diana

To answer your questions.

We have had H&R rifles and shotguns in our home for near fifty years.

What were the main reasons that you chose to buy the H&R product over another competitor?

American made

Sometimes the quality isn't quite up to snuff.

Octagonal barrels on the Buffalo Classic and Target models to make them more authentic for us Cowboy Action Shooters who use them in long range shooting events.  And how about a rifle in 45 LC only, not a 45 LC/410 combo barrel.  I am looking fo an accurate single shot rifle in a revolver cartridge to shoot CAS pistol caliber long range events.[/color]

A tang mount and sight for both the Buffalo Classic and Target models so that they would be SASS legal for use right out of the box.

Sure I would, if I saw you and the rest of the Marlin/NEF execs out making appearances to promote your products./  Have you ever thought of having a Marlin tent at the Shootout at Mulecamp?  This is the Southeast regional competition for SASS and had 600 shooters this past Memorial Day weekend.  You may want to check it out.

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
H&R Survey
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2005, 07:12:23 AM »
Hello Diana and welcome to the REAL WORLD of H&R firearms.  I am very pleased that you are doing something I have NEVER seen another firarms company do.  Talk to the customers and ask what they want/need.  You will go far in this business with that attitude ...

I purchased my first NEF (.223) about 10 years ago.  Since then I have aquired others in .44 mag, 45-70, .270. 17HMR, and a 12ga. Topper.  I  love these guns dearly!

Price is the key - they are strong, affordable, and simple to use.  I like that.  I recently changed my hutning style to accomodate the skills needed to take big and dangerous game with a single shot.  I sold my bolt guns and others to become a "single-shot fanatic."

As I stated above, the simplicty of use is extremely valuable to me.  I dearly enjoy taking these guns out and shooting them.  They bring  a lot of joy to my outdoors experince because they are simple to use, and easy to maintain.

HOWEVER, there are some significant issues I had to deal with to enjoy my NEF's.

My .44 mag was over-bored.  The INDUSTRY standard is .429 and my barrel slugged out at .432.  I know this is within NEF's margin of error, but it has made it VERY difficult to find bullets that shoot accurately.  That is not a QC problem, but an unacceptable standard on the manufacter's part.

My 45-70 has an extremely short throat.  So short that I cannot shoot some of the larger weight bullets that the 45-70 shines with.

My 17HMR was purchased with an out of spec barrel.  QC problem I suppose.  It was replaced by H&R and shoot great now.

These kind of issues give H&R a bad name.  But they offer a unique product ... hard working, simple to use, affordable firearm.  Some simple changes will improve the quality of the guns without increasing the price.

It's been said numerous time, but I'll say it again ... interchangable barrels that do not reuqire factory fitting.  If I can do it at home with some simple know-how, can't H&R make some simple changes to the manufactoring process to make this happen?

Bring back the "old" calibers ... 25-35, 35 whelen, etc.

An assortment of sight options would sell like hotcakes!!!!!

In a heartbeat ....
:D

Offline aulrich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
H&R Survey
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2005, 09:07:15 AM »

>> 2 years

>> It's a good value, the price to accuracy ration so to speak

>>Value
>>Reliability
>>Handling characteristics

Dislike

>>Although triggers have improved they are only OK.
>>Lock-up spring needs to be heavier, along with better QC of locking mechananizm.

>> Some of the barrel lenght and or rate of twist of the rifling seems to be odd.  there should have never been a 22"on a 204 ruger.

>> Canadian customer service seems to be non-existent (some guy in Winnipeg who keeps getting calls but does not know why, though I was referred to him as he was the Canadian depot)

>>Canadian access to the barrel accessory program

>>Yearly special edition in special calibers (303 british)

>>Stick with what your good at for now

>> No an accessory sort of guy but a case that held 1 or 2 complete guns and some barrels, (but not until there is a canadian barrel accessory program
 :-D  )

>>Maybe

Thanks for your interest in pursuing our feedback like this.

PS I have a Marlin 917  love it.
The second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Longcruise

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.mikeswillowlake.com
H&R Survey
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 10:01:09 AM »

I owned pre re-org H&R's and at this time own one 30-30/12 Ga combo SB1.  I like the 30-30.  It's not very accurate but it serves very well at 100 yards.  I sold an nef .223 SB2 because it would not shoot well enough to serve the purpose of the .223 caliber.  My grandson owns a .223 as well and it does not shoot very well either but he likes to shoot clay birds with it at 50 yards and it's good enough for that.  My son in law had a .308 and it was a terrible shooter as in 6 moa!  He sold it.  We have a several H&R single shot shotguns and they are fine guns.

It seemed like a good concept with the interchangeable barreles and all.  But none of the family ever added barrels because of the poor accuracy of the ones that we already owned.

I like the simplicity, the excellent safety features, the look of the gun, the heavy barrels (I don't like light weight guns), the price and the caliber selections.  I don't like the poor shooting qualities and the poor scope mounting method.

What they make now is just fine.

Probably not.

No, but not for reasons related to H&R.  I have other investment priorities.

Some added notes

I would buy more H&R guns if the quality control was improved and the overall accuracy potential of the rifles was improved and made to be somewhat consistent from rifle to rifle and barrel to barrel.  I'm no gunsmith but beleive that the lock-up could be improved for better accuracy and that the rifles could be throated shorter and without the tapered throat.  My most accurate rifles are short throated.  

I also think there is a problem with the alignment of the chambers to the bore.  that is probably a quality control issue.

I'm realistic about the cost to manufacture these guns and don't expect NEF to start turning out rifles that compete in appearance with the TC stuff, but I do believe they could compete in quality control and shootability and remain in the budget shooters price range.

Don't get carried away with the NEF shooting qualities as reported on this and other boards.  Handiholics are obsessive compulsive barrels buyers (I mean that in a complimentary way :grin: ).  For every owner who reports extraordinary accuracy with their nef their are probably five or six who don't even mention that theirs guns doesn't shoot well at all!  There are plenty of these rifles for sale second hand and their is a reason!

I'm usually accused of being a Handi basher, but I'm not, just realistic and I think that is the kind of feedback you will find most useful.

Thanks for coming on board and soliciting our comments and good luck to you in your efforts to improve the product of the company!! :grin:

Offline tck

Re: H&R Survey
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2005, 04:05:20 AM »
Survey Questions

Are you a recent or long-term H&R owner?  I have owned a 20 ga Mod. for over 25 years and 7 years ago I bought a 30/30 for my son to use deer hunting.

What were the main reasons that you chose to buy the H&R product over another competitor?  I like the light weight 20 ga for rabbit hunting and I bought the 30/30 because of the safety aspects for my son.  I have used the 30/30 some and like it for its light weight also.

What specifically about the H&R products do you like or not like?  I like the safety desgns and the ease of carrying.  If you scratch a handirifle
you don't feel like crying.  An improved trigger pressure would be a good upgrade on the rifle series.  (3.5 to 4 pounds)

What types of products do you wish H&R made?  I'd be interested in a double rifle only if it were made in USA.  And interchangeable chokes on the all shotgun guages.  I would buy a 16 ga with choke tubes.

Are there any accessories, if offered by H&R, that you would purchase?  Depends on what they were.  

If you were offered to purchase a share or shares of the company, would you?[/quote]  I don't own any shares of sporting goods manufactures and probably wouldn't buy marlin/nef.  I suppose it would depend on what it intially went on market for.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
H&R Survey
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »
I have always started my kids hunting with H&R single shots.  They are lightweight, accurate, and teach the value of one well placed shot!  I recently purchased my first (other than my Dad's 12 ga that I have had since forever) personal H&R.  A bullalo Classic in 45-70.  One look and I had to have it.  I would purchase more if offered with the nicer stock of the Buffalo Classic, that was a big incentive.  Rifles with that stock and maybe 24" barrels would get my attention.  Also would love a tang sight for the BC, right from Marlin.  Love mine.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline dgii

H&R Survey
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »
1: I am a recent owner, first one last month.  SB2 in 30-30

2: Price and Weight

3: From this sight how your customer service works to make things right.  Played a role in the choice as well.  
dislike: Lack of over all knowledge of some in customer service, had to call and ask for Jennifer to get the truth. Another dislike the lack of pictures and up to date barrel info on the web-site.

4: Replacement sights (ie; firesights/peepsights and apertures)
    LAMINATE STOCKS, VARIOUS COLOR SCHEMES viewable on web-site
    carry cases hard and soft for receiver and extra barrel/2

5:  Would consider owning a few

Offline ILHunter

• Trade Count: (3)
H&R Survey
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2005, 02:07:13 AM »
#1  Recent -Owner first one was two years ago.
#2  Main Reason- Value and versatility.
#3  Like-Price, simple and Made in USA
      Dislike- Wood to metal fit, Sticky chambers, sending receiver in for additional barrels and some plastic parts.
#4  I would like to see more calibers offered- 6.5x55, .338-06, a fast twist (1 in8") .223, Tracker II shotguns with scope mounts and  pistols convertible to rifles.
#5  Accessories- Folding pistol grip stock, steel ramp front sights on more models and forward (scout) scope mount.
#6 Shares- Possibly depending on price.
Thanks for Asking
ILHunter

Offline patton50

• Trade Count: (3)
survey
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2005, 04:31:32 PM »
1.  Long term owner    approx 8 years

2.  simple effective design & cost

3.  Like design....don't like fact that barrels are difficult to aquire.

4.  Wish for a custom shop to get H&R barrel fitted in caliber of my choice.
     would like grey laminated stocks
     Would like to see different barrel length offers

5.  Would be open to H&R accessories.

6.  Would be interested in buying shares.

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2005, 07:44:36 AM »
Hello Diana,

And thank you for taking the time to come by here. I hope you are finding the information you are receiving to be what you were looking for, if not ask more questions, we are all happy to run on for hours.  javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

Greg

Survey Questions  

My very first shotgun at the age of 6 was an H&R 16 ga.
But since then I have only bought one H&R pistol in .32 H&R Mag when they first came out, and after joining this forum looking for a part for one of my dad's handy rifles I found out about the Buffalo Classic and ordered one to shoot in BPCR matches with.

Price, Value for my dollar spent, and most important US Made!

I do think the trigger pull could be better on the rifles, and cleaning out the junk that is in the action before shipping it would be a good start. Make the barrels so you don't have to send your rifle back to the factory to have them fitted. Now for the good, the value for your dollar is very high, the firearms are very well made and work great in the field were they are needed most.

I would like to see more calibers offered in the rifles, 7x57 Mauser, .32 H&R Mag, .32-20 Winchester with a .312 bore. A soule style tang sight for the BC. Bring back the pistols! I do miss them.

A nice t-shirt or hat, maybe a jacket. Hard cases that you could have your rifle in and at least one spare barrel.

This is a tough one, I would like to see it stay private, but if you did do it I would try to buy some, my main worry is foreign investors that just want to raid the company, or anti gunners taking over to strip it out.

Thanks and if you could let us know from time to time how things are going up there,

Greg :lol:
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2005, 08:58:04 AM »
Quote from: McLernon
Quote from: DIANAL
Hello Handiholics!

Thank you for inviting me to participate on your forum and a special thank you to Mac for his invitation and kind words!  

My name is Diana Lynch and I am married to Theodore Lynch, the grandson of Theodore F. Lynch, who in the earlier years was chairman of Marlin Firearms.  We are among a small group of owners of the privately held Marlin Firearms Company.  I am compiling data regarding Marlin and H&R customer feedback on both existing products and ideas for new products and accessories.  Although I have been to a number of Marlin Firearms company meetings, I am new to the gun business; however, I am going to immerse myself into learning everything I can about the gun business.  I am gathering this information from a number of different sources and I am hoping that your forum with its diverse members will contribute!  Please understand that my level of commitment is real and determined.  My background and professional career has been in aerospace; before that, I played professional tennis and was a national and world champion squash player.  I mention this only as examples of my determination and passion, always giving each endeavor my absolute best effort.  I am confident that with your input, both companies will become even more successful and achieve even greater customer satisfaction.  Thank you in advance for your assistance and I look forward to your insightful comments.  

Diana Lynch
You never know where the next great idea will come from.

Survey Questions

I just recently acquired a Handi in .233. I am presently trying to get it to shoot accurately. Based on range results to date I expect that the rifle will require re-crowning and a bedded/floated fore-stock. I am also fitting a pillar in the fore-stock.

I was very impressed with the rifle when I first handled it and I couldn't resist the low price. It is a very respectable piece of work.

Fit and finish was excellent for the price.

I wish that H& R would put another $30 to $40 into the Handi to improve accuracy issues. Give the Contender a run for the money.

Are there any accessories, if offered by H&R, that you would purchase? I think it would be good if you made available a good cleaning rod guide/support as the 'normal' ones don't fit. Also, I suggest that you drop the gun lock supplied with the Handi. The paddle-lock you provide is a very heavy, excellent quality(expensive looking) lock that is just not required. Maybe instead provide the Handi with a metal trigger guard and let the purchaser provide a standard trigger-guard mounted lock.

Yes.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• http://www.geocities.com/vtb817
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2005, 11:51:47 AM »
I bought my first Handi-rifle 5 years ago.

Price.

Like: price, additional barrels option.
Dislike: plastic trigger guard and on forend stock, Williams peep sight on Buffalo Classic

Pocket pistols

Maybe
NCOWS, SASS, SBSS, SCORRS, WartHog, GAF, NRA, NAHC
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning.

Offline bladerunner

• A Real Regular
H&R Survey
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2005, 01:50:14 PM »
recent

lightweight,American made,affordable,accessory barrels

Like: Price, barrel selection,single shot,safety,lightweight
dislike,like everybody else,i'd like it muuuch better if we could order barrels and not have to lose use of them for 2-3 weeks,but this would add to the expense,so i only want it if you can do it affordably
just more calibers(specifically .257 roberts),maybe a side by side
thumbhole laminated stock

probably not,but i don't buy stock.
Good shot placement + well constructed bullet = DEAD

Matt B.

Offline Haywire Haywood

H&R Survey
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2005, 02:17:20 PM »
Well... Diana made a big splash in this little pond and then disappeared just like that Lunker that is always playing around your bait.  Anyone know what happened with her?

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
H&R Survey
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2005, 02:43:22 PM »
She was having health problems recently and it set her back quite a bit. Mac posted about it in the Announcement at the top of the forum.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=64112&start=35
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
H&R Survey
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2005, 05:41:37 PM »
Yeah I hope all turned out well for her. I do hope we hear form her real soon.

Offline docbones

H&R Survey
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2005, 07:18:01 AM »
Hello Ms. Lynch,

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to come by here. Also, great praise should be lauded upon you for your efforts to seek a wide consensus among the true shooters. This is in stark contrast to a company that let’s one or two voices speak for thousands (Just ask S&W about their Thunder Ranch revo!). I hope you find all of our information valuable but also know you are always welcome and among friends.

Sincerely,

Docbones
Docbones1@houston.rr.com

And the Answers Are!

I am a long term H&R owner.  

I was initially introduced to H&R revolvers, owned and advocated by both grandfathers. When Marlin bought H&R, I new this was a good marriage. As with most gun owners, affordable cost and exceptional quality are paramount. Neither is one inconsistent with the other and Marlin has always proved that.  

I feel the single shot Handi-Rifles are more than adequate for 95% of all hunting. So, too, have I bought several Handi-Rifles, gifted to numerous friends and relatives. I truly like your accessory barrel program and regret that it is very limited in its offerings. Specifically, I would like to see more stainless barrels in straight chamberings.

Dislikes:

First, standardize your .38-55 to a true .375 bore. Secondly, if the world were perfect, I would love H&R to offer a more custom approach, much like Fox Ridge does for Contender barrels. Speaking for myself, I would gladly pay more for a stainless, 32-inch barrel, chambered in 38-55. Or a stainless .22 Hornet or .218 Bee or stainless .357, or stainless .30-30 or 7-mm Waters, or a stainless 444, or…. Did I mention stainless?! ;o) And, of course, .32 H&R Magnum, in stainless of course!

I think H&R should offer a stainless version of their Sportster  rimfire, preferable in a Bentz-chamered .22 LR and a .22 mag., having a 24 inch barrel. Also, reconfigure the hammer to a lower profile, allowing use of scope without the hammer extension. If configurations are important, I really like the overall shape of Ruger’s Bisley hammer. This style, adapted to the H&R rifle, would lend really nice aesthetics.

Custom, nicely figured, wood stocks and straight case chambered stainless barrels. Leather Versapacks that are made for one and two barrel storage.

Absolutely, I would buy shares in your company so long as ALL manufacturing remains American! Your recent adoption of the Chinese pump shotgun leaves a really bad taste in many mouths. However, as GregP42 mentioned, our purchase of Marlin's stock represents fine idealism that all other stock holders would have a genuine interest in your success. Maybe it is better that we be willing to pay premium prices for custom barrels, stocks, and accessories, thus avoiding the company raiders.

Offline ajshoots

H&R Survey
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2005, 06:10:58 AM »
Survey Questions

1.) Q: Are you a recent or long-term H&R owner?
A: Recent

2.) Q: What were the main reasons that you chose to buy H&R product over another competitor?
A : Price. After owning one I bought another because of accuracy and feel of the gun.

3.) Q:What specifically about the H&R products do you like or not like?
A: Likes: Price, made in the U.S.A, Performance
A: dislikes: Having to send the reciever in to get a new barrel. This has kept me from buying additional barrels. The hammer prevents mounting scopes low which is a problem. Quality control in general is less than to be desired

4.) Q: What types of products do you wish H&R made?
A: More calibers, adjustable triggers or a trigger kit to improve trigger.

5.) Q:Are there any accessories, if offered by H&R, that you would purchase?
A: Different stock and forend choices. Barrels that don't have to be fitted at the factory!

6.) Q:If you were offered to purchase a share or shares of the company, would you?
A: Possibly

Offline songdog

Survey questions
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2005, 09:20:19 AM »
1.  I am a long-time owner of handi-rifles.

2.  Price, versatility of barrel program and accuracy.

3.  I really like the price and the fact that there are so many barrels out there to interchange.  However, I dislike the heavy triggers from the factory and the thought of sending in the receiver to get other barrels.

4.  Adjustable trigger kit, free floating barrel/forend.

5.  Pretty much the same as answer #4.  

6.  Stocks.....absolutely.  I'm a fan.

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Survey
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2005, 06:17:54 AM »
Well, I feel like a broken record at this point, but for statistical reasons, I will post my answeres as well...

1)  I am a recent owner.  I bought my first rifle in 2003.  About  ayear later I sent it in for an additional barrel.  Bought is with a .270 barrel and sent it in for a 45-70.  

2)  The reason I bought it was price, barrel interchangeabilty, quality and value based upon web/forum reports.

3)  What do I like?  Simplicity.  Ease of cleaning. Rugged.  Single shot.  Amidextrous platform.  I like ejectors.  The trend is going away from these on the rifles in order to alleviate the sticking case problem.  Fix that problem and stick with ejectors.

What do I not like?  Cleaning the crud out when first purchased.  Having to polish the chanbers to keep the cases from sticking.  Having to remove wood from the forearm and put an o-ring in the forearm to "free-float" the barrel.  All of this shoud be done at the factory.  Sending in the rifle to get a new barrel.  I would have at least 5 more barrels if I did not have to send in the rifle for additional barrels.  It is hard to part with my rifle for the length of time needed to get an accesory barrel.  The hammer needs a lower profile.  The scope mount needs to fit the barrel.

4)  A custom shop would be nice or the ability to order the gun you want.  When I sent my rifle in for the additional barrel, I would like to have had better sights put on but that was not an option.  The metal trigger guard and spacer I also had added.  This needs to be able to be ordered up front.  Stainless steel options would be nice too.  Calibers I would want in addition to what is offered:  6.5 x 55 swede and 35 Whelen.  And as long as we are dreaming, I would by a big bore double rifle (if it was regulated).  Keep everything made in the USA!

5)  Accesories would be the carrying case with room for extra barrels.

6)  I do not purchase stocks.  I hope you stay private as it allows you to make decisions that willl benefit your customers and not your stock-holders.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us.

Matt

Offline skip

H&R Survey
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2005, 08:13:42 AM »
Q1 Long term
     5 handi's & 7 marlins
Q2 Price & it is handy
Q3 You would sell tons more barrels if it was NOT necessary to send it the receiver. You need to fill the 35 cal. gap. 357 Mag 357 Max 35 Rem .356 & so on.
Q4 A single shot hand gun.
Q5 It is up to you.
Q6 You need a track record first.

Offline phatspeed7x

H&R Survey
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2005, 05:26:31 PM »
Survey Questions

I have owned your products for the last 3 months, so I guess I qualify for recent owner status. A 12GA pardner, and a .30-06 Handi-rifle.

My friend introduced me to your line of fine firearms this last summer. You guys offer a reliable, easy to use, versible, affordable, made in the usa line of firearms.

I love the positive feed back your customers say about your product.

Big bore hunting handguns like TC.

I would like to get a coffee mug, and a hat.

Sure ya bet ya.
Adam Hanson

Marlin Model 60 .22LR
Mossberg Int. 702 plinkster .22LR
NEF Pardner 20GA limited edition
Ruger P89 9mm
Winchester Model 1000 air-rifle
K98 mauser 8mm with ATI stock

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
H&R Survey
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2005, 06:45:23 PM »
Quote from: phatspeed7x

I would like to get a coffee mug, and a hat.

Here you go Adam, about 2/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.hr1871.com/store/index.htm
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
H&R Survey
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2005, 07:59:10 PM »
There would be a huge increase in barrel sales if we didn't have to send in the reciever for fitting.  Last time I did that it took 9 weeks.  Sorry, but that's just too long to wait.