Author Topic: Model 94 rear sight  (Read 955 times)

Offline white feather

• Trade Count: (0)
Model 94 rear sight
« on: May 29, 2005, 06:07:18 AM »
I bought a model 94 at a local gun show and the owner had it hanging on the wall with a couple of nails, it fell off the wall and bent the rear sight up pretty bad, can i order another sight from winchester or will i have to get a used one from one of the parts suppliers, its a Therodore Roosevelt, pretty heavy with the 24 inch barrel, shoots good as i can see with the bent up rear sight, i tried to straighten it but its still in pretty bad shape, thanks for your help, WF.

Offline Ramrod

Model 94 rear sight
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »
Not sure what was on this particular gun, but the standard rear sights with the seperate elevator are like a dime a dozen. Get it from any parts house.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline FWiedner

Model 94 rear sight
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »
I've got a 94AE.

Go to http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/index.htm and look under SIGHTS.

The sight on mine is folding leaf type, a Lyman Model 16A.

Cost less than $14.00 not including shipping.

:D
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Tycer

Model 94 rear sight
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 05:43:13 AM »
Buy a blank dovetail and fill the hole :wink:

I do like the Williams FP on my AE .357 Trapper
Thanks to you''uns from WNC,

Tycer

There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness
                                            -Yancey Davis

Offline willysjeep134

• Contributor
Model 94 rear sight
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 04:25:09 PM »
Marble's (formerly Marble Arms) makes some pretty primo rear sights for lever actions. They used to be factory equipment. You can get them for about $20 from the Midway USA catalog. They have flat top, semibuckhorn, and full buckhorn, in short and long leaf versions. They are made in my home town too, so please support them if you like them. Also, if you do want a classic peep sight they make a few of them too.
If God wanted plastic stocks he would have made plastic trees.

Offline white feather

Model 94 rear sight
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 12:40:21 PM »
Gentlemen

I looked at the Marbles sights in the midway catalog and it looks like a very good replacement for my rifle, im not into the tang or receiver sights, i turned down buying a 1886 rifle because the guy who installed the tang sight mounted it wrong, messed up a really nice rifle, i dont want to have to drill and tap it, thanks for the info, WF.

Offline jimann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
sight
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 06:32:08 PM »
Hi
Ramrod sent me to this site for my 92. They have a big list for 94's several different models. Just scroll down past the model 70's
http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=277
Good luck
jim