Author Topic: conceal carry apparel  (Read 665 times)

Offline jmet2

• Trade Count: (0)
conceal carry apparel
« on: May 30, 2005, 09:21:25 AM »
Trying to find a light weight carry vest. I have a Royal Robbins vest that is great for cooler weather but it is heavy and too hot during the late spring through early winter months. I prefer a vest over a jacket or coat. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Bear Rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
conceal carry apparel
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:52:52 PM »
jmet2,

Perhaps you need to rethink your holster. I just changed my Sparks VMII from winter to summer mode by replacing the leather straps with kydex clips that allow me to carry a full-sized 1911 under a bloused shirt. I have been doing this for several years now, without any problems.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline Bob/FLA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Clothing for hot weather
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »
I live in Florida and carry a G-17/26 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2  at all times.  I am typically dressed in shorts, boat shoes, a t-shirt tucked in, and a "cover shirt".  The key here is the cover shirt.  It is a bit longer than my belt line and cover very well.  The shirts are good looking, they don't scream GUN like a vest or fanny pack, and even my best friend didn't know I was carrying.  They typically run about $10-15, but the real nice ones can run to $35.  One vest is twice that price, and I have a closet full of shirts to choose from!  If you want pics, email me  frontierdad@msn.com

Good Luck
Bob
Thanks!
Bob

Visit our website at:
www.nativeamericanarchery.com
Or contact us at:
naa@nativeamericanarchery.com

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
conceal carry apparel
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »
I do a t-shirt with a cover shirt over it a lot.  As he said, it doesn't draw attention like a vest does.  I carry in Blade-tec UCH holsters all the time now.  Don't sweat through, holds the shape reguardless and I CAN conceal them with a loose bloused t-shirt, but if I am not wearing a cover shirt, I much prefer a heavy cotton shirt that holds its shape better than a t-shite does.  It just works.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!