Author Topic: If you were in a race......  (Read 1362 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
If you were in a race......
« on: May 30, 2005, 09:58:27 AM »
for the most topics posted on GBO before the PD shoot on June 3rd, wouldn't you just make some random posts to become the overall #1 forum on the site?  :)  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:01:39 AM »
Nope I'm not that kinda fellow. :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:11:24 AM »
Me neither.... :mrgreen:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:03:22 AM »
I have nothing to say :cry:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline lik2hunt

• Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 11:17:54 AM »
Uh-ummm.......guys......we're after new topics here not posts. Post a new topic...............anything will work, just don't get too far OT.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 04:28:49 PM »
You guys are cheating. Making posts with no value or real intent other than taking over the lead. Will you really feel you earned it getting it that way? Kinda like kissing your sister or mounting an animal someone else shot for you. But then that's just my way of thinking.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 04:48:52 PM »
Kissing your sister? Xxxxxing an xxxxxx? Shame on you GB, all this time I thought you were such a great guy :-D :-D  :-D ....<><.... :roll:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
Just seven more to go and can't see where any have really been way off topic...........other than this one I guess.........sorry GB, couldn't help myself.
lik2hunt------>in OK

www.dsheriff.org

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:10:02 PM »
Not any more, Graybeard moved a couple posts..... :?  Saw that coming!
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 05:22:30 PM »
Jist trying to keep ya honest.  :eek:

Sorta hard to run a race with your competition don't even know the race is going on. I don't think a new thread has been started there in a couple of days. You forgot to tell them ya'll were in a race I reckon.  :)

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 05:50:16 PM »
Then again GB, our H&R forums are broken down into centerfire and rimfire while there's is all one. This isn't actually a race, for if it was they got a year or 2 head start on us didn't they? This is just for bragging rights to being the biggest (and the BEST) bunch of windbags on GBO's. A position and group of guys I am proud to be associated with!!!
And thanks again GB, for allowing us here and making it like home for us....<><....  :grin:

By the way GB, remember just a few short months ago you graciously allowed us to see if a seperate section for H&R classifieds would work? well in that short time the H&R classifieds has more topics and posts than the the main "Classifieds" section that covers all other items for sale or trade on this wonder GBO site!!! The original broadbased classified site still has more "views" than the H&R site but I am sure many of those "views" are from we displaced Handiholics also...of course total number of "views" is only a matter of time also...

P.S. -  I have posted this as an edit to the above post so it is not viewed as trying to bump up the numbers....<><....  :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 02:19:34 AM »
Numbers of posts or topics on the Classifieds forums is a misleading number since we delete them as fast as the items sell or are traded. The only valid comparison is views.

Both the TC Classifieds and the General Classifieds are in the top half dozen or so of Forums for real activity. The busiest forums on the site are the NEF Centerfire, TC Forums (all three), Classifieds and Bolt action rifles. All the rest trail them to some extent.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline lik2hunt

• Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 02:52:44 AM »
Here it is! I thought I was so dishonest that this one had just disappeared. We're still gonna make it though, heck probably by this afternoon the way it's looking.
lik2hunt------>in OK

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 04:51:35 AM »
Nothing disappeared but some were moved to a "more appropriate forum". Your moderators have been very diligent in the past at moving off topic threads. Just keeping that trend alive.  :lol:

I agree with the "special push" you have put on you'll likely reach your goal before the shoot. But you'll always wonder if you'd have done it anyway without a special push before or if it would have been afterward or during.

OK maybe you wont'. I will.  :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 06:22:48 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Numbers of posts or topics on the Classifieds forums is a misleading number since we delete them as fast as the items sell or are traded. The only valid comparison is views.

Both the TC Classifieds and the General Classifieds are in the top half dozen or so of Forums for real activity. The busiest forums on the site are the NEF Centerfire, TC Forums (all three), Classifieds and Bolt action rifles. All the rest trail them to some extent.

Her it is guys, by GB's own definitive words, "The only real comparison is views". Since that is the criteria of activity which GB uses to judge the activity of the forums the H&R Centerfire forum is more than 102,000 views busier than the next closest forum!!! And we have been number 1 in that count for a LOOONG time!!! And all this time I thought we had to be the leader in all three areas, numbers of topics, posts, and views.
By the way, for what it's worth even with any special TLC from our great members we were headed to number 1 in ALL catagories with no problem at all!!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 06:24:23 AM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
Quote from: Graybeard

Here it is guys, by GB's own definitive words, "The only real comparison is views". Since that is the criteria of activity which GB uses to judge the activity of the forums the H&R Centerfire forum is more than 102,000 views busier than the next closest forum!!! And we have been number 1 in that count for a LOOONG time!!! And all this time I thought we had to be the leader in all three areas, numbers of topics, posts, and views. :oops:
By the way, for what it's worth even with any special TLC from our great members we were rapidly headed to number 1 in ALL catagories with no problem at all!!!!....<><.... :grin: