Author Topic: Democrat Wants to Ban S&W 500  (Read 1593 times)

Offline John N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Democrat Wants to Ban S&W 500
« on: February 18, 2003, 10:57:12 AM »
Check this out:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200302/CUL20030217b.html

The democrap believes the 500 Magnum has a greater potential for becoming a lethal inner-city status symbol than an effective hunting tool, at least in his congressional district. He added that its high power combined with its concealability could make it the "weapon of choice" for urban gangs.

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 11:22:21 AM »
:? ahhhaw man, here they go already target a new gun, some people like to hunt deer with a pistol, i hear it is very challenging, will most people evn be able to afford this gun? im sure it wont be cheap

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 11:25:08 AM »
:? ahhhaw man, here they go already target a new gun, some people like to hunt deer with a pistol, i hear it is very challenging, will most people evn be able to afford this gun? im sure it wont be cheap

Offline volshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 11:54:09 AM »
Now I've heard the most stupid thing there is. Please give me a break. Are there actually dipsticks out there who believe this kind of crap??? Never stops surprising me just how many dumbasses will believe anything said without checking facts. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
Rick

Offline BER007

Re: Democrat Wants to Ban S&W 500
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 12:12:28 PM »
Not very familiar with US gun's laws.  But why some persons are wondering, if the .500 S&W need to ban or not.  Regarding the law about .50 Caliber.  

I think the Democrat doesn't know a lot in gun field.  Here is a short list of handguns in .50 caliber category.

What about all semi auto pistol in .50 AE (Desert Eagle, Amt and LAR)?
What about factory revolver in .50 AE (FA)?
What about custom built guns in .50 AE (Clements, Bowen,...)?
What about custom built guns in .50 Bowen Special?
What about custom built guns in .510 GNR Gary Reeder?
What about custom built guns in .500 Linebaugh?
What about Encore pistol chanbered in all calibers above more the .50 Ak?
What about future custom built guns in .500 S&W?
What about custom gun in .50 BMG?

I think I have forgotten nothing as .50 calibers chambered in handguns.

For me any logic in these anti-guns articles.
------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 12:25:49 PM »
I remember what Lenin said about certain bureaucrats. They are "useful idiots". These people have no idea what goes on outside their little world. Their view due to the nature of the job and the environment they live in gives one a very narrow view of things. The useful idiot who proposed this idea is a representative from Illinios. He rambled on about how hunters do not use handguns for hunting and how this will become a menace on the street.

My answer to that is hunters in this country are blessed with the opportunity to hunt with handguns and it is quite popular. As far as a menace on the street, many of the social ills were created with programs designed by useful idiots like this and then externalize the blame.

I was hemming and hawing about the usefulness of the 500 S&W. Now I think when it hits the market I will buy one just to spite the whiny liberals.

Offline TopGun

• Avid Poster
BAN???????????????????
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 01:06:41 PM »
OKAY, I GIVE UP!  :shock: They can ban them.  :cry: Does anyone know which of them wants to come collect them?  :grin: Brady, Schumer?, Lautenbooger?  :-D I'll have it ready, maybe even have a bow on the barrel! They're (DemoCrats, I mean Craps) all idiots, and they deserve what they get. They've opened the door for spying, nuclear secrets, and terrorism, and they are on a very stright line to get our guns!  :twisted:
When you hear that they've collected Gerry's guns, you'll know Gerry's dead!  I love that saying!  :evil: Sorry for the rant! I've had it.
The first shot is the best shot, it may be your only shot!  Do it with a single-shot.
NRA Life Member 1980
HHI Member #2933
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
Geeeeezzzz!!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 03:47:11 PM »
Even the Gun Owners of America Executive Director couldn't get it right with his "correction" that 'til now, the .44 mag was the biggest dog on the block.  Not a good sign.  The economy in IL must be doin well if the gang bangers are upgrading from those horrible Saturday night specials.  Lord help us.  Til then, VOTE.  (And join the NRA)
Dennis In Ft Worth

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Ban the Demicraps
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 02:44:32 AM »
No guys, we should ban the demicraps, or at least Danny Davis before we ever look to reduce the availability of any firearm.  Just Mikey here.

Offline ssmith_1187

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 02:54:34 AM »
I'm from Illinois......not from the city but from one of the collar counties.

I just have to say that this is truly embarrassing.   :oops:

Offline LarryL

• Avid Poster
  • 2004 - 480 SRH
IF they weren't serious it would be funny!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 08:54:31 AM »
I'm just trying to picture the first time some gang banger tries to do a drive by with one of these.  The muzzle blast will explode all the windows in the car, light the seat and the roof fabric on fire, and implode the eardrums and brains of the people in the car.  Recoil for the fool shooting it with one hand will either mean that it will kick up and partway out through the roof, or, it will disconnect his thumb and embed the gun into his forehead.   Does make for a fun visual...

Maybe they should also consider getting a couple of those short barrelled .50 BMG jobs with the big compensators on the end for the guys in the back seat!!

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D
Success is a journey, not a destination...  Might as well enjoy the ride!! 

Just remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.  You can rely on 911 or on 1911. The choice is yours.

Larry

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 10:22:15 AM »
:)  :)  thats good LarryL i am picturing that right now, it will be the impala tank lol

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 04:25:32 PM »
What can you say he is a democrat and a typically uninformed one at that .I came here to post this also but see it is all ready posted. Who ever picked the jackass for their logo was a genius. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Tusker

500 ban???
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 12:32:22 PM »
Late note on this, but yeah, they want to ban any, and every thing they can. Well, They won't be getting mine, I don't care what law they pass in Richmond.  Or anywhere else. To be sure all the street slim will be walking around with a 5# revolver stuck in their pants. At about $3.25 a shot if you don't reload, I am sure they will be stooting up the whole city. This jerk is old news now, but they never give up. The crooks from Ill. and else where are too busy lining their own pockets to know the law, or the facts. No offense to the GOOD people of Ill. But I grew up there for 17 years before heading to the Marines in 1962-- I never went back, except for a VERY short visit. Semper FI--  :D

TUSKER

Offline Will

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 01:56:39 PM »
It's sort of ironic. I just wrote a paper on gun ignorance for a class I have. It includes all the controversy over this .500, which I think is ridiculous. Anyone who says the .500 is going to be a criminal weapon of choice obviously doesn't know jack about guns. By the way, I like the saying that fellow wrote. "When you hear they've taken my guns, you'll know I'm dead." That says it al buddy.
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 09:06:33 PM »
I wonder if this whole thing would've never erupted if S&W had called it a .499!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline The deerslayer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 10:05:29 AM »
I dont think anybody would carry anything that big and spent tht mutch money on a gun to kill somebody with. :)

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
What would you expect
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 03:58:09 AM »
from a commiecrat?  Ban all guns, ban all means to self defense, ban all rights, control all people.  Their credo.  The only thing that stops them is the 2nd Amendment, and people who won't be oppressed.  This be Mikey.

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 09:18:06 AM »
At $1,000 and its a 500mag. it would be a status for one of them.  But most of them want desert eagles!!!!               BigBill

Well most of them can't handle a 9MM's  they carry now so how are they going to shoot a 500 mag?  Me and my brother one day were talking to a LEO at the range shooting with us and he agreed that they were lucky that most of them don't practice at the range. If we think about it they hit more innocent  bystanders than other gang members and cars and houses too.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 07:57:16 AM »
:)  Concealability? Yeah, let me just get mine outta my pocket . . . hold on . . . it's commin' . . . commin' . . .

Dang it's hard to shoot sideways! :eek:  I think I broke a rib!  :-D
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
500 S&W ban
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 01:35:09 AM »
We gun people spend a lot of time griping that anti-gun laws never accomplish anything positive.  What we fail to realize, is that they are not intended to accomplish anything positive.  If an anti-gun law actually worked, it would reduce the perceived need for the next anti-gun law.  That's a no no.  An anti-gun law must be carefully crafted so that it accomplishes nothing other than more misery for gun owners.   Then a year or two later there will still be a perceived need on the part of the uninformed to "plug the loopholes".  The politician's career is based on the continuous appearance of "working" to produce "reforms" that actually accomplish nothing.  If they did accomplish anything, the politician would be working himself out of a jub.  Hence the call for a ban on small cheap "Saturday Night Specials" followed a year or two later by the call for a ban on big expensive hunting revolvers.

Offline Questor

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 05:05:50 AM »
Simple reminder: promoting anti-gun legislation and pro-abortion legislation are the two distinguishing traits of the Democtrat party.   The eventual objective of the Democrat party is to ban guns in the U.S.
Safety first