Author Topic: Cheap, Hillbilly Stopping Rifle?????  (Read 786 times)

Offline LAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Cheap, Hillbilly Stopping Rifle?????
« on: June 11, 2005, 05:36:44 AM »
I'm new to the board so first let me say howdy. I wish not to go over old ground so forgive me if I am.

Jim Taylor of sixgunenr.com fame gave me, at my last visit to the JBarT, a brass 12 ga. shotgun hull. As I polished it my simple mind began to wonder. The other day I purchased a whole box. These are made for large pistol primers. I'm sure some of you have used these but this is all new to me.

There's plenty of 12 ga/70 some caliber moulds out there. Could this brass be used with one of these bullets in combo with the NEF/H&R single shot shotgun with rifled barrel to make a low pressure, short range stopping rifle?
Joshua 1:9

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Cheap, Hillbilly Stopping Rifle?????
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 07:00:40 AM »
NPP (no problem pal), you could get the same using shotgun shells and loading hard cast slugs or just buy some Dixie Slugs. They are equated with the old Paradox guns of the turn of the century that were used by hunters in Africa for "stopping guns" as you called them.Of course the brass shotgun shells would  make the shells look more impressive....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley