Author Topic: Handi Barrel Break-in  (Read 509 times)

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Handi Barrel Break-in
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:41:48 AM »
I've shot about 100 rounds through my .223 Handi cleaning it thoroughly at reasonable intervals. The barrel seems to be very smooth while pushing a clean patch through it and cleans up easily with little brass build up. Can I consider the barrel substantially 'broke-in'. Any opinions on this.

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
Handi Barrel Break-in
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »
My .223 ultra seem to improve quite a bit after 200 rounds. My first 3 shot group will be minus 1inch  or 1 inch. Then my 2nd and 3rd round 3 shot groups will very often  be .4 to .5 if I do my part and I don't let my barrel get hot.  Right now its a darn good rifle.

Norse

Offline dgii

Handi Barrel Break-in
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:16:15 PM »
Check the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum, there are some different ways people go about it in there.  Polishing and shooting, and just polishing it real good.  Plus there are some other tips and techniques people use with there Handi's.  Dgii

Offline cheatermk3

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Handi Barrel Break-in
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 06:07:49 PM »
McLernon,
If you've got enough experience "feeling" bores using a rod and a patch, and your handi's bore feels smooth, I'd say you're broke in good enuff.

The point is, is it smoother than when you started out?

Amazing what a guy can feel inside a rifle's bore if he takes the time to pay attention.