Author Topic: Need friendly advice/help for Wyoming family hunt  (Read 729 times)

Offline renegade

• Trade Count: (0)
Need friendly advice/help for Wyoming family hunt
« on: June 19, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »
Hi there. I live in Ontario Canada and am an avid outdoorsman of average means planning a Do it Yourself hunt in Wyoming for me my Dad and my wife. I've been there once before two years ago and hunted unit 32 south of Casper and managed to get two buck antelope. Me and Dad both harvested fine 13" specimens. It was a lot of work for me to give Dad a shooting opportunity but I managed to find it on the third day and it was by putting him close to a watering hole. I spotted and stalked all over. I put on some of the most excellent stalks on huge groups of exclusively does a few times lol. The public land available was not too much but with BLM maps and a lot of driving I managed to find a few spots that didn't seem to be too heavily pressured. Anyway.....for 2005 i applied in unit 47 for first choice and 42 as second choice. If I manage to draw the shirley basin i think things will be straight forward. Now if I draw 42 i again find myself in the position to compete with others for limited free hunting space. Can anyone here help me find somewhere to hunt in this unit with a reasonble chance at good antelope for three? I also put in for mule deer in unit 158 (north of Casper), a undersubscribed unit and marginal amounts of private land but again I think I can manage to find some hunting using maps and such but I think in fairness to my Dad and Deb (wife) I should be doing some homework on securing access from a rancher for my labour or a fee. If you know someone who can help me or know of any good web sites that I should post on please help. I know that if any non-resident hunter or fisherman is interested in NorthWestern Ontario I will help out all I can. I will make some calls to Wyoming Game and fish and look at their lists................Warmest regards from the North

Rene W. Cadene
Hunting , Fishing and Sledding...love em all

Offline renegade

• Trade Count: (0)
Come on Wyoming boys and girls
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »
Thank you to anyone who replies. I'll be checking this board regularly!

Rene W. Cadene
Hunting , Fishing and Sledding...love em all

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Need friendly advice/help for Wyoming famil
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 11:46:24 AM »
:D If you are interested, the local chamber of commerce often have lists of people who allow hunting for a fee. Sometimes the fees are pretty moderate. A few calls could find you places to hunt. Also check the walk on access program. I think the Wyoming Fish and Game website will lead you to more info. Good luck. I hunted 32 for antelope a few years back and had many thousands of acres to hunt through the walk on access program. I would have had numerous oppurtunities but shot buck with handgun the first morning.