Author Topic: H&R 16 Gauge  (Read 1221 times)

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
H&R 16 Gauge
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:50:39 AM »
Not again, I happened to catch an H&R model 88 on Auctionarms the other day at a gun shop a couple of towns over from me. I put in a bid for $50.00 and won it.  Its a 16 gauge which I would guess is a little harder to find then most. Anyway I picked it up last night and it looks like new. Its in excellent condition.
     The scary thing is that's 2 H&R/NEF s in less than a week.  I have to stop going to the gun store for a while.
Tony212

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
H&R 16 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:00:47 PM »
Congrats on the 16 ga.  Sounds like you did well.  The Mrs. gave me a new NEF 16 ga last year for Christmas.  I like it for squirrel.  I passed on an 088 16 a couple of months ago because I thought the price was bit high for the condition.  I've seen a couple since, but the one I passed on was better than what I've seen since then.  

I'm trying to make an effort to stay away from the gunshops for a while as well.  It seemed for the past 2-3 months each time I walked into a gun shop, I walked out with a new Handi, NEF or H&R. Now that we've been getting decent weather around here, I figured I would spend less time shopping and more time shooting.

Good Luck and enjoy your new 16!

EVOC ONE

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
H&R 16 Gauge
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:29:30 PM »
16 GA is my favorite...More umph than a 20 but less kick than a 12.  I wish that it would catch on as a deer slug.  I would love to see a Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe in 16GA firing 16GA sabot slugs...Oh well, one can wish.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
H&R 16 Gauge
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 07:10:14 PM »
Not sure if this is on topic or not but her eit is.

I went to the local Gander Mountain yesterday just to browse and see what's up. The clerk asked if I needed anything and of course I said I'm just growsing. (used racks)

Well I get cocky and ask if they could search the whole chain's inventory. The helpful clerk said I can't but Dave can...

Well no 35 Whelen in any Gander Mountain store but Dave did find  a Browning low-wall in 22 Hornet. Asking price was $550.

It will be up from Indy in a week or so for my look see.

Moral of the story? If you do business with a chain, use their database and search features to your advantage. Or disadvatage for those that are married.

Can I afford the low-wall? Not right now, but I can put it on lay-away for 90 days.. :lol:

Nixter