Author Topic: Powder scales  (Read 336 times)

Offline Norseman112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Powder scales
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »
Hi guys,

Well I decided to pick up a EG 1500 Electronic Digital Scale yesterday at cabelas and a digital trail camera. Do many of you guys use electronic scales? If so what kind do you have or do you think I wasted my money?
I used the calibration weights it came with and checked out fine.

Norse

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Powder scales
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:20:18 PM »
Norse, I just switched to a Lyman 1200 DPS II from Cabelas, it was just under $200 incl shipping with a coupon and some Cabelas bucks, works great and I can't see myself going back to a beam scale!!!

http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0018725.jsp

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Norseman112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Powder scales
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »
Quick,

Why did you show me that?  :D Now thats the one I want! Good price to. Guess I better make the trip back down there this week and take the other one back and get the one like you have.

The one you have there has to make reloading awful fast and accurate I bet. How long have you had that scale?
Thanks

Norse

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Powder scales
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:40:22 PM »
I've only had it for a couple months now, but it sure is fun to use, everytime I check a load, it's within .1gr, plenty close for me!!! It pours and measures while I'm seating the bullet in the last load, all I have ta do is to remember to calibrate it after every 3-5 loads as recommended by Lyman. I usually run 3 loads and calibrate, it has a counter to tell ya how many loads it's ran since the load was punched in, it's a pretty slick deal!!! Calibration is just a matter of removing the pan, press a button, pu the pan back on the scale and press the calibrate button again. :wink:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain