Author Topic: fore-end question  (Read 480 times)

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
fore-end question
« on: July 01, 2005, 04:15:58 AM »
I have a couple of barrels for my handi-rifle and I would like to get a couple of shotgun barrels as well.  My question is this:  Do the shotgun barrels require the special shotgun fore-end or can they use the "regular" handi-rifle fore-ends?  Do the shotgun barrels require the "o-ring" treatment that many of the rifle barrels require?

Thansk for your help.

Matt

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
fore-end question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 04:09:29 PM »
You use the same forearm and do not need the O ring. I did have to burnish the barrel on my turkey 10ga. some where way back there is directions on how to do that. :D
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
fore-end question
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 03:23:05 AM »
My forearms swap back and forth but the only rifle barrels are 357 and 45-70. I haven't heard of anyone doing the o-ring trick on shotguns. What barrels do you want to get and what will you use them for?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
fore-end question
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 10:46:51 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.  I want to get a 22" 12 ga for home defense and a 28" with choke tubes for dove, duck, turkey, and geese.  I may splurge and get the polychocke tube for it.  Can run slugs through that too.  It seems like a great idea.  I saw one at the Houston NRA convention this year.

Matt