Author Topic: When is your rifle season?  (Read 641 times)

Offline deerman12

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
When is your rifle season?
« on: July 08, 2005, 04:57:16 AM »
I am at work bored and was thinking, yes my wife says I never do.  Anyway,  when does your firearm season start and end and what state are you in?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 05:20:42 AM »
Bama: Opens Saturday before Thanksgiving and runs thru the following Jan. 31. Limit is two per day in most of the state and only one per day can be a buck. Can be one buck or two does.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline deerman12

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:26:36 AM »
Lucky dog!  Two a day, that is reason enough to to move to Alabama.  Here in Missouri it is Nov. 12th -22, 1 buck, and 2-3 does if a guy wants.   I am like a kid, this is like a 10 day christmas.  Looking forward to it.

Offline Jimi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 12:08:36 PM »
In California I'm good for 1 deer between September 17 and October 20 (or thereabouts... I don' t have the schedule in front of me). You can lottery for a 2nd permit, but I didn't do that.

In Michigan it runs November 15-30, and I always go back for that. You're allowed 1 buck unless you get a doe permit... but the property I hunt on usually qualifies for what is called a block permit which allows the harvest of several more deer (to prevent crop damage).
WWJD?(What Would Jimi Do?)

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 12:14:55 PM »
Missouri Firearms Season: Nov. 12 - Nov. 22
Kansas Firearms Season: Nov. 30 - Dec. 11

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: When is your rifle season?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 01:27:19 PM »
Quote from: deerman12
I am at work bored and was thinking, yes my wife says I never do.  Anyway,  when does your firearm season start and end and what state are you in?

WASHINGTON STATE

15-31 October               General Rifle Season
17-20 November            Late Rifle Season

One (1) Deer per year & you're done.

Offline Wynn

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 02:23:03 PM »
Florida - 2nd Saturday in November thru 3rd Sunday in January. 2 bucks per day. Doe vary by location; ie state land, Federal, private lease etc.
American by birth; Southern by the Grace of God

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 03:55:17 PM »
WOW I cant believe how short some of your seasons are....!!! :eek:  :eek:

Louisiana = Starts maybe the middle of November or towards the end of October.....and it ends sometimes around the end of January/early February. I hunt on a property called that has does tags. We are given a certain number each year by DMAP. We are allowed to kill, basically as many of the tags as we want....i think ive filled 8 or 9 doe tags the last two years (combined). Our buck rule is only for our camp. IF WE SHOOT ONE, WE MOUNT ONE. So basically it has to be a brute, or Im not shooting it.

I feel for all of you guys with 10 day rifle seasons :cry:
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Season
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 05:10:03 PM »
Depends on what part of the State you are in.   Where I hunt, first Saturday in November until the first Sunday in January.  1 Buck and 2 Does in my county.  Who knows what the new regulations will bring this year.  Got a buddy of mine that has way to many deer on their ranch, so they can technically start gun hunting the opening day of bow season, October 1 usually, and as many tags as they have is what they can take.  I've been with him on a couple of doe reduction hunts with my ML, and it was quite a blast.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 03:49:55 AM »
Oklahoma:

Black powder..........10-22-05 to 10-30-05.....one buck.....one doe

Rifle.................11-19-05 to 12-04-05...one buck...one doe

Also a special doe season in January for certain counties....

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 05:06:03 PM »
Pennsylvania's Firearms Seasons are:

General Season (more than Firearms): November 28-December 10
Muzzleloader Season (modern muzzleloaders permitted): Oct 15-22
Flintlock Season (must use Flintlock action...none others permitted): Dec 26-Jan 14

I of course left out archery and special area seasons...plus there is a junior hunt for does only. Plus PA is going through the "Deer Wars" or has been since Dr. Gary Alt's resignation :roll:  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline BuckTrucker

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 02:36:07 AM »
Counties here have a little different times but anywhere from as early as sept. 15 to Jan 1st.

BT :D

Offline Critter

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 04:02:59 AM »
In the great state of Michigan:

Regular Firearm Season: November 15-30, 2005
You can either buy a firearm deer tag or a combination tag that covers both archery and firearm seasons.  With that you can harvest two bucks but one has to have 4 points on one side.

Late Firearm Season: December 19, 2005-January 1, 2006 (antlerless deer on private land only)
Antlerless tags are a stand alone tag that allows one deer per tag.  Public land permits are by lottery, private land tags that are over the counter.

Offline BnSC

season
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 06:11:39 AM »
In the lowcountry of South Carolina we can bowhunt starting 8/15, and rifle hunt starting 9/1.  Season runs straight through, uninterrupted until 1/1...

Most areas are 2 deer per day..  Individuals can purchase up to 4 doe tags for use anytime after 9/15... also the state sponsors either sex days on certain weekends (usually about 8 weekends total) that don't require tags for shooting does.  For larger property holders, the state also has a quota program for tags based on land use and herd density.. The landowner for our place has 1500 acres and he gets 50 tags for that ... Quota participants are unable to use the personal tags or either sex days on lands participating in the quota program.

most areas have a 5 buck season limit, but some have no limit..  The limits are unenforceable since no deer are required to check stations if taken on private property...

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
hunting season
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 08:59:07 AM »
In Maryland our firearm season opens on November 26th (first Saturday after Thanksgiving) and runs to January 7th.
We are allowed to harvest 3 antlered and 11 antlerless.

But our bow season opens September 15th and runs through January 31st and we are allowed 3 bucks and UNLIMITED antlerless.

Our muzzleloader season opens on December 17th untill December 31st and we are allowed 3 antlered and 11 antlerless. Plus we get a few days to use the smoke poles in mid October with a combined bag limit.

ALL IN ALL 9 buck and as many doe as you want!!!!! Oh forgot the 6 sika deer too.