Author Topic: China ready to drop bomb?  (Read 827 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
China ready to drop bomb?
« on: July 15, 2005, 10:38:55 AM »
Seems the Chinese have played the nuclear card, at least in spirit, in their bid to unite the mainland and Taiwan, which continues to heat up.  The sad part, is that  US and European consumers are funding the 20% growth per year of the Chinese military by purchasing goods produced in that country.  Looks like we may be going back to the cold war.....who knows?  Maybe that's a good thing?

Looks to me like US forces are spread to thin to do anything about it even if we wanted too......If I was in power in China, I would be thinking that now would be a good time to get what I wanted......i.e Taiwan.......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050715/wl_nm/china_taiwan_warning_dc
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 02:23:13 PM »
They already have California and Panama, Taiwan is small potatos.

They'll use it as an excuse to start a fight, and then deploy forces already well and established in this hemisphere.

:?
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 05:10:23 AM »
We can only hope that the Chinese are smart enough to understand that they cannot survive a nuclear contest with us.  We also have to be smart enough to not elect leaders who will give away the farm when it comes to our defense.
Swingem

Offline Shorty

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:56:27 AM »
TM7,
To the contrary.  China has a problem with their Islamic provinces already.  The two have opposing interests; China wants economic growth while Islamic terrorists want to go back to the glory days of the distant past.  :roll:

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 02:44:47 AM »
TM7 - I doubt very much that there is any sort of a connection between the PRC and any Islamic terrorist group.  Communism cannot tolerate an organized religious interference and would never allign or affiliate with an organized religiously based terrorist organization.  It is as though the two are diametrically opposed.  And Shorty is right - China is already keeping a close eye on its borders and provinces that have a strong Islamic influence.  I would expect a crackdown in those areas worse than the crackdown on the Falun Gong followers.  Heck, Falun Gong has no material, social or military interests - can't quite say that about Islamic proponents.  Just my thoughts.  Mikey.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 03:18:56 AM »
Regarding Chinese objection to non-communist aligned philosophies, hasn't China adopted a policy of using free market capitalist forces to finance a growing global economic presence for the spoken purpose of using capitalism to defeat capitalism?

Why wouldn't they take advantage of any force that openly opposses western values to their advantage?

This would essentially turn the Jihadists into an unpaid mercenrary army, working without their own knowledge or cooperation to press Chinese communist goals having to do with gaining legal control of western assets.

In the end, it also leaves all other competitors spent after a long fight, whether they win or lose, with China's military arsenal and manpower remaining intact and ready to win by by default for simply doing the clean-up work.

I believe that saying the Chinese will turn their back on an enemy of the west for ideological purposes may be short-sighted.

They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Taff

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:05:37 AM »
The chinese would never tie in with the islamists, they have seen where it got the US and the rest of us.They are in for the long hall, slowly,slowly they will take control of the industries we allegedly don,t want and by the time we get our heads out of the sand it will be to late. What I want to know is who says they have a massive nuclear weapons programme, who has actually seen it, for all we know it could be a big wind up to make the US spend more money on nuclear weapons, having to increase its taxes and so  starve its industries of vital investment.
Q. If we all now have nuclear weapons to destroy our enemys and the world several times over, why do we need to spend more money tryin to do it better when the outcome will be the same ?

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 10:33:55 AM »
The Chinese don't have to tie in with jihadists, they just have to let them do the dirty work which will deplete our ready resources.

Bush had spent hundreds of billions of dollars and all he has done is to ensure that grandmothers get groped at the airport, and that there will be another generation of jihadists to replace the ones being killed now.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:41:16 PM »
I've been suspecting a problem with China ever since a young man and I were discussing his Air Force training...says he's training on an F-15 for air-to-air purposes and I said to him, "Yea but ya kno, not much air to air is done in Iraq" and his response, "I wasn't talking about Iraq...I was talking about China"...and I'm like, "Huh?"...he then enlightened me on the heightening tensions between China and the United States.

So this is no surprise to me  :(
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding