Author Topic: Finally shot the new slug gun, some comments...  (Read 531 times)

Offline BoneDigger

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally shot the new slug gun, some comments...
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:45:04 AM »
This is a 12 gauge with the bull barrel.  It's a beast!  The guy I bought it from had put 5 or 10 pound weight in the stock and this thing is HEAVY!  But, it doesn't kick nearly as bad as I thought it would.  I took it to the range this weekend for the first time and shot it a few times.  It really impressed me.  The guy sold it to me with a Mueller scope on it and it was already basically sighted in.  The range I shot at did not have sandbags or any other shooting aid, so I was basically freehanding it.  I still was able to get fairly descent grouping.

I am very pleased with the gun and I look forward to shooting it at a deer and maybe some pigs later this year!

Todd

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Finally shot the new slug gun, some comment
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »
Good going...having a good rest to shot off of will help show the true accuracy of the gun...and the more upright you are...the easier it is on your body...

I just ordered a new USH 12 ga. from Walley World...so I hope to be setting it up by this time next week.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Lost Okie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Finally shot the new slug gun, some comment
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 02:57:10 PM »
My 20 Ultra Slug has a weight in the stock also, bought it new last month at Gander Mountain.  Dislike the weight, but it helps manage recoil.
Gun seems to like the Remington Copper solids (new) and groups less the 2" at 100 yrds.  Tried the Buckhammers, Federals, Winchesters with poor performance.  

Has anyone tried the Hornady shotgun sabots ?