Author Topic: Swift rifle scopes  (Read 1204 times)

Offline jerkface11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Swift rifle scopes
« on: July 22, 2005, 01:51:22 PM »
I can't seem to find anyone online who carries swift scopes are they still around? If so who sells them?

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 02:28:57 PM »
For swift riflescopes try www.eabco.com  also georgia optics but I can't find the web site address at the moment. Regards, Byron
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline arky65

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 05:34:42 PM »
jerkface, do you have any experience with swift scopes.  i got one in trade on a contender pistol barrel and have been impressed with it but am leary of putting one on a high power rifle. just wondering if you have used them and can share your experience arky to arky?

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 02:58:45 AM »
I've been using one on my 7mm rem mag for a few months now. Hasn't broken yet. The optics are as clear or better than a leupold but you can get them for under $200. I've got another one on my .45-70 but i haven't shot it with the scope on it yet. I was worried about them not being around because no catalog has them listed they don't have a website and all their packaging looks outdated.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 06:17:32 AM »
They do have a web site... :roll: Google Swift Optics, they're the first hit...

http://www.swift-optics.com/

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 07:12:21 AM »
I did not like the Swift scopes due to the short eye relief.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 01:58:44 PM »
Quickdtoo I googling " swift rifle scopes " maybe that's why i didn't get any hits. Thanks for the link. :grin:

And redhawk the one i have on my 7mm rem mag BLR has plenty of eye releif. But maybe it's a different model than you looked at?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 02:20:21 PM »
Quote from: jerkface11
Quickdtoo I googling " swift rifle scopes " maybe that's why i didn't get any hits. Thanks for the link. :grin:

And redhawk the one i have on my 7mm rem mag BLR has plenty of eye releif. But maybe it's a different model than you looked at?

Could be, I only had about 2 1/2 inches, not enough for my big boomers.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 02:58:55 PM »
Maybe the shape of the stock on a BLR helps. I know I'm more satisfied with this scope than I have been in any other.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 11:42:57 AM »
Redhawk1, Actually swift does not have a scope in its line up that has a 2.5" eye relief. Regards, Byron
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 12:08:42 PM »
2.7" is pretty darn close to 2.5"!!! Certainly not enough to prevent an injury with a heavy kicker.

http://swift-optics.com/products/sporting/premium_riflescopes/658m

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 02:25:12 PM »
Maybe not enought difference to prevent injury on his rifle, but we should get the facts straight. Mis-information dosen't do our boards readers any good. The scope you refer to is a 2-7 power and actually has a 2.7-2.9" eye relief. Only Redhawk1 can know how his rifle kicks, but that is not 2.5" Regards, Byron
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 03:14:59 AM »
The only way to get much more than 3" of eye relief is to buy a shotgun scope or shell out the big bucks for one of the leupold extended eye relief scopes. Of course some rifles leave you no choice. A friend of mine had to put a ncstar pistol scope on his ruger #1 .300 weatherby because the only other scope with enough eye relief was nearly $400.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 06:29:38 AM »
The Leupold VX1 2-7x32 is far from an expensive "big bucks" scope at less than $200, and has 4.2"-3.7" of eye relief...

http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=2841

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 07:44:56 AM »
In my experiance looking fer a scope for my 300 wby or at least with my eyesight whan a manufacter lists a scopes eye relief at 4.2 - 3.7 inches of eye relief what they really mean is 3.5 inches tops. Maybe it's just my eyesight  but 3.5 just won't cut it.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 08:06:44 AM »
I just checked the eye relief of a VX1 last night, it's every bit of 4" on 2x and a bit less than 4" on 7x...using a flashlight shined in the objective lens and measuring to the crisp image projected on a flat surface from the ocular lense. :wink: Doing the same on a 1.5-6x32 Whitetail Expedition, I got right at 3". I used a 6 LED flashlight as the source so I could see the crisp image of the 6 seperate LEDs for proper focus.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 12:13:04 PM »
Quote from: pastorp
Maybe not enought difference to prevent injury on his rifle, but we should get the facts straight. Mis-information dosen't do our boards readers any good. The scope you refer to is a 2-7 power and actually has a 2.7-2.9" eye relief. Only Redhawk1 can know how his rifle kicks, but that is not 2.5" Regards, Byron

That's probably why he used the term "about" when he said 2.5"...About means approximate and 2.5" is approximately 2.7-2.9"  I don't think RH1 meant to provide mis-information as he is pretty much spot on in the posts that I have read.  Besides, do you even know if the model he is talking about is even listed or manufactured anymore?  Just take a deep breath, crack open a cold one and relax a little... :D
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »

pastorp, my intension was never to Mis-inform anyone. I said my eye relief was "about" 2 1/2 or 2.5 as you put it. If I was off .2 in my measurement I am sorry to have upset you. But I did not take my micrometer's out that day.

But one more thing before you consider slinging your comments, Just how do you know how I mount my scope on my rifle and if I did not have exactly 2.5 inches from my eye to the scope to give me the picture I needed for my particular rifle. If anything your post is the one that does not do our board any good.  Regards, Redhawk1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Lawdog

Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
pastorp,

The scope you refer to is a 2-7 power and actually has a 2.7-2.9" eye relief. Only Redhawk1 can know how his rifle kicks, but that is not 2.5"

Don't you think arguing over 0.2 - 0.4 inches is being a bit picky especially when "Redhawk1" said "about"?  A scope with an eye relief of 2.7 - 2.9 inches isn't near enough for cartridges like .300 Weatherby and above.  You use a scope like that and you'll soon bear the mark above your eye.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 06:50:47 PM »
Redhawk1, I'm not upset, sorry you guys interpeted my comments that way. I have no way of knowing how you mount your scope, but I believe you are a lepould man and do admit they have a generous eye relief. You usually put down the swift scopes every chance you get, I happen to like them and simply would like them to be represented fairly.

Swift does make scopes with longer eye relief, however not as generous as leupolds eye relief. For your purpose leupold is probably a better choice. Maybe not for everyone though. Regards, Byron  :grin:
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 01:36:51 AM »
Redhawk1, I'm not upset, sorry you guys interpeted my comments that way. I have no way of knowing how you mount your scope, but I believe you are a lepould man and do admit they have a generous eye relief. You usually put down the swift scopes every chance you get, I happen to like them and simply would like them to be represented fairly.

Swift does make scopes with longer eye relief, however not as generous as leupolds eye relief. For your purpose leupold is probably a better choice. Maybe not for everyone though. Regards, Byron  :grin:

I did not put them down (Swift Scopes). I just don't like them, if they work for you great. Not everyone likes Leupold and they like to bash them also, but that don't bother me. I know what works for me and I give my experiences with them.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline ftstinyc

Bushnell Elite 3200
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 09:46:53 AM »
Bushnell Elite 3200 in 5x15x40mm. Eye relief 4.3 $259 at Optic Zone.
tinyc

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 03:21:24 PM »
Was at the local gun shop last week and a guy brought in a Swift he bought earlier in the day and took out to sight in his rifle. The reticle was broken. Dealer said Swift will replace at dealer counter any defective scope IF it is still in the box and hasn't been mounted on a rifle. Otherwise, YOU have to send it to their repair center. Too close to season for us to get it back and get it sighted in so the guy bought a Leupold. Wouldn't even consider a scope with a repair policy like that.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline hunting1

Swift rifle scopes
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 05:02:42 PM »
The premier line has nice optics. I have had 3-with no problems on a 30-06, ML, and 223. they do have better optics than Leupold I think as well. Good luck!
Good shoot'n