Author Topic: Scope Comparison  (Read 496 times)

Offline pete50

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope Comparison
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »
I'm wanting some opinions on the Burris Fullfield II, Bushnell Elite 3200, 4200, Leupold Scopes up to VX 2. I've had to rearrange my gun collection due to some financial problems, so I am moving some scopes around and will need to buy two scopes in matte finish. I have a sightron S2 and a Leupold VX2 older model 2002 in stainless. I can not tell the difference between the two scopes. If anything, the sightron looks somewhat brighter. How would you compare the bushnell and burris products to these scopes? On many auction sites, the 4200 can be had for the price of the VX2, while the 3200 and the Burris Fullfield 2 are almost the same price. The sightron sits squarely between the four. Thaks for your opinions. Pete

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope Comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 04:47:02 PM »
My personal opinion (not based on proven fact). The Leupold VX II scopes are a good buy for the money. I find their standard duplex reticle too thin for my taste.  The Bushnell 4200 scopes are great but longish and on the heavy side. Not bad things overall and good (long) for a long action bolt gun. The 3200 series seem a good buy for the money.  As a side note the Rain Guard does work. I've only heard good things on brightness and clarity about the fullfield scopes form folks I know. I have a Burris Signature and I'd say it's my favorite overall. None would be a bad pick.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein