Author Topic: Binoculars Question?  (Read 420 times)

Offline Robert Baggett

• Trade Count: (0)
Binoculars Question?
« on: July 29, 2005, 07:24:48 AM »
I am in the market for

2 - Swarovski EL 10x42 Binoculars
OR
2 - Zeiss FL 10x42 Binoculars

Can anyone give me some advice on where the cheapest place to purchase either of these would be?  I have checked Cabela's and the Swarovski is $1,779.99 and the Zeiss is 1,549.99.  HIGH DOLLAR to say the least.

Offline Grubbs

• Contributor
Binoculars Question?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 09:01:28 AM »
Ebay.  just make sure the dealer is an authorized USA distributor, as you will definitely want the USA warranty.  Why not Leica? (just curious).

Offline Robert Baggett

Binoculars Question?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 09:14:38 AM »
Thanks,  
    We are considering Leica as well.  I did not see much on Ebay.

Offline Jimi

• Avid Poster
Binoculars Question?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:09:23 AM »
I purchased Swarovski EL 10x42 a few years ago and I shopped heavily for a deal, including eBay, and just couldn't find one. I ended up buying from Cabelas, which provides the advantage of a retailer you can trust if there are any immediate problems.

Worth noting, these binoculars are $300 more expensive now then they were in 2002. It isn't often that you see a product go up in value.

And by the way, I absolutely love these binoculars.

I compared the two you are considering along with the Leica, side-by-side, and the Swaros were the best for my eyes. I think the effect of the optics varies from person to person, so if you have a chance to compare... take it. And pay whatever you have to. It's worth it.
WWJD?(What Would Jimi Do?)

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Binoculars Question?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 04:12:53 PM »
I can help just a little with the Zeiss but the Swarovski are a little higher here than the price you already have. Try this link.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=328&a=156_4893&shs=&ci=1011&ac=&Submit.x=8&Submit.y=3

BruceP
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.