Author Topic: Can you purchase Factory Open Sights?  (Read 415 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Can you purchase Factory Open Sights?
« on: August 13, 2005, 04:38:44 AM »
I would like to put a set of the Tracker open sights on my 22in 12ga Mod barrel.  Will the factory sell me just the sights or do I need to send off my barrel for them to install.  Also, thinking about doing the same with a .410 barrel.  Would have to have it shortened first.  Its 26", I was thinking about taking it down to 24" or maybe even 22".  Any thoughts?
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Can you purchase Factory Open Sights?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 09:29:06 AM »
Yes they will sell you the sights alone without installation, you might even think about the new metal huntsman sights, I hear they really show up well. What are you going to be shoting at, in what type of woods/terrain,  and with what type of ammo in the .410? That would have to be known brfore venturing an opinion on barrel length....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Slug Gun?Camp Gun? Fun Gun?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 02:03:47 PM »
Havn't really decided yet, Andy.  Considering 22" because that's the Youth Length...but mine would be cyl. bore.  The 24" because that is the Tracker length.  As far as what I would be shooting...Mainly just havin' fun...I THINK!  Also, I had thought that it would be a good "First" for my Grandsons.  Being cyl. bore, the pattern would be a little wider and they would have more hits on clays and the 410 in either 22 or 24 in.  would be easy to handle, too.  I suppose I just about answered the length question, didn't I.  Probably should be 24".   I guess I don't about the Huntsman sites.  Are those like the Williams on the BC?
Any more ideas, anyone?
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"