Author Topic: Nikon Pro Staff  (Read 882 times)

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Nikon Pro Staff
« on: August 14, 2005, 04:12:59 PM »
What do you think of this scope?  3x9x40......I need to get a couple of scopes for Encore barrels, and was thinking of these.  I found a place where they have refurbised for $99 (Natchez Shooters Supply), but the sale goes off tomorrow.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 05:18:48 PM »
I've thought about those refurbished Nikon scopes, but they only have a  90 day warranty, not good enough for me. If Nikon has no more confidence in them than to warrant them for only 3 months, I don't want one. Jon has em new for $125 with a lifetime warranty, he'd get my money if I had the urge for one...

http://theopticzone.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=54
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 11:36:57 AM »
Buy the new one.  It is not much more and the warranty will be worth the extra money.  The price cut for a refurbished scope is just not worth it.

Offline BKS

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Nikon Prostaff
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 04:29:08 PM »
I hope they are a good scope, I've bought two of them to use on my Encore this year 45x209 and 300 Win Mag. I have heard good things about them and hope they are true, time will tell.

Guns and Ammo in Southhaven, MS has them new for 110.00 for the 3x9  that is what I bought.

I hope someone jumps on this thread and will tell us of their experiences with these scopes.

Offline contendernut

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.contendernut.com
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 03:42:06 PM »
I bought a pro staff a year or so ago.  It was my first Nikon.  I like it better than Leupolds cheaper line of scopes.  I recenlty bought a Nikon Buckmasters scope but don't like it as well as the pro staff.  It seems more critical of eye position.  The pro staff would not be my first choice if
$$$ were not a factor but for the price the only other scope I'd consider is the Burris FFII for scopes under 200.
-----------
Gary

Offline DaddyPaul

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 12:13:11 AM »
I used the 3-9 Pro Staffs on two Encore barrels last year and never once felt like I was "underscoped"?  For the money they are pretty sharp.  The adjustments on mine were true and I was tickled with them.  I shot a buck in south Georgia at a little over 270 yards with one on a custom .270 barrel and he didn't seem to mind it a bit either!

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 03:55:32 PM »
I have one on my "traveling rifle" a 270 on a mauser action in a synthetic stock. So far very good, an antelope, elk and several coyotes. Adjustments track perfectly and scope seems rugged enough.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Atomic Chicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 02:05:28 AM »
Greetings!

I have the 4x matte "rimfire" model on my Ruger 77/22 All-Weather (.22LR) and I absolutely love it so far... great scope!  I think the reticle is better than the Leupold for low-light use, it has thicker outer bars that are more visible when things get dim.  The brightness and clarity are excellent, and it doesn't seem to be very picky on eye position like some scopes I've owned.

So far, nothing but good things to say about Nikon Prostaff scopes...

Best wishes,
Bawko
Support your local chicken.

Offline lostsniper308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
Nikon Pro Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 06:37:59 AM »
seals gave out on my 3-9x40 and it fogged in side the scope, lifetime warrenty probabaly just a fluke in the line every company gets them once in a while no biggy got a Weaver El Paso until it comes back from Nikon.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now