Author Topic: springfield xd  (Read 1327 times)

Offline dragthewaters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
springfield xd
« on: February 24, 2003, 02:58:03 PM »
i am looking to buy a new gun and this really caught my attention, it has a lifetme warranty too, i heard it is comparable to most glocks, is this true, i want to get the 9mm ported version, and if anyone has one please, tell me how is it?

also is there somthing around $400 that is comparable

thanks,

Offline Ullr

springfield xd
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 04:56:25 AM »
I have one in a 40 S&W and really like it although I really can't compare it to a Glock very well as I've not shot the Glock too many times and never side by side.

However, one guy that I know that is a big Glock fan after buying a XD claims that he would climb over a pile of Glocks to get to an XD.  He still likes the Glocks very well, but likes the XD's that much better.  I belive since his first he has purchased 2 more XD's.

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 11:00:32 AM »
wow, they must be good then, i think I am going to get one in 9mm so it is cheap to shoot

Offline Buckeye

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
springfield xd
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 12:40:05 PM »
I've had a XD before it was a XD ,  I bought a HS 2000 when they first come out . Mine is a 9mm. I've shot it ,LOTS & LOTS & LOTS   no problems what so ever. Even with cheap fodder.  NO COMPLAINTS ! :grin:
45/70 Government
Is the only Government
        I trust !

Offline L-Roy

• Avid Poster
XD .357 SIG
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 07:06:15 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the XD in .357 SIG.  I would prefer the 5" non-ported.
I am, therefore, I think.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Don M.

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 01:25:46 PM »
how much does a 9mm ported run after tax?

Offline 1badmagnum

• http://pub64.ezboard.com/fthedeserteaglefrm1
springfield xd
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 01:01:39 AM »
springfields reputation and fine quality of the xd is going to cut into alot of glock sales.I've got a 40 s & w on my list.I shot a glock finally and really liked it,but the xd feels better, shoots better,and springfields customer service is top notch.

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 01:31:57 AM »
well i have made my descicion, i am going to go get a xd on saturday, i am going to get the 5inch version i think with the olive handles, If i get porting, will that sacrifice power?

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 03:03:39 PM »
well all the guns shops are out they say its the hottest gun out, and it has been on the cover of every magazine for 2 months, i am picky and want the 5" and they said it could take quite a while, anyone have a suggestion on anyother really good 9mm pistols?

Offline 1GLOCK

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 10:11:38 AM »
I love glocks and would recommend them to anyone, however, if you have your heart set on the XD then wait for it. Ive kicked myself several times for buying what was available quick only to regret it later. Ive not had the pleasure of shooting the xd but have handled one and find it to feel very similar to the glocks in design and function. I have shot the springfield 1911 45s though and found them to be very nice indeed.  Remember though, the Glock models are duty and time proven, the XD really is not.

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
springfield xd
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 05:29:26 PM »
,lol, well guess what for those reasons i just came back from my local gunshop and i know own a glock 17 :wink: well i hope i do not regret it but i do not think i will, i bought it also because of the accessories that are availale i think i may get a tac light and the carbine conversion, and how people say that you cannot hold a laser sight still, well she slid on on the rail and i held it pretty darn still and pulled the trigger"empty of course", also the xd will not be available for a long time is what all the shopos are saying, i like the glock though