Author Topic: Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 vs. Swift 2-7x40 ?  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Robert

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 vs. Swift 2-7x40 ?
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:16:25 AM »
Has anyone compared these two scopes for 'clarity' and 'low-light' ability?
  .....also....how do the two compare for price?
....make it count

Offline one eye joe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Bushnell Elite vs Swift
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 10:31:45 AM »
I didn't check the 2-7 scopes cause I don't have them. I did check the 3-9 In Leupold, Bushnell Trophy, B&L (Bushnell 3200), and Swift. I found the Trophy to darken up first, then the Leupold. The Swift and B&L were extremely close, but I felt the Swift was actully a bit brighter. This wasn't scientific by any means, but it sure opened my eyes. I am considering going with Swift instead of the hightr priced guys. By the way, all these scopes claim multi coated lenses, but non claim fully multi coated lenses. If the Swift's hold up, and they honor their warrenty, they have sold me.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 06:43:58 PM »
Robert, I have not used a bushnell 2-7 elite but I did use a 3-9 and did not find it as bright or clear to my eye as the swift. I have used swift premier rifle scopes in 4-12, 3-9, and 2-7.

I hunt in some of the most rugged terrain with the worst weather you can imagine. Wind, constant rain, a maize of logs and brush in the clear cuts, fast running streams and slippery rocks. We travel by boat, 4 wheeler, and on foot, in short our equiptment takes quite a beating.

The swift preemeir 2-7 is currently $129.99 at www.eabco.com Mine have held up really well. Swift has a lifetime warranty I believe but I have not needed to use it. They are as bright to my eye as a Leupold and as clear for less than half the price.

Between the 2 scopes you mention, in my opinion there is no contest. Go with the swift.

I like them well enought that my $1900.00 weatherby wears one. Regards, Byron
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 04:11:49 AM »
Get the Elite.  I have bought quite a few (in different magnifications) from Jon at the Optic Zone and I have been very happy with all of them.  As many people on this board know, they are one of my favorite scopes.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:06:43 AM »
Zachary, any comparison for us? Regards, Byron  :D
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline vernonp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 10:38:29 AM »
I think these are the first positive reports on a Swift scope that I have ever read. Now, two people are saying they are brighter than the Elite 3200. That really is a surprise. I think the 3200 is about the best buy around in that price range. It has me wanting to check out the Swifts though. I am in need of another target scope, 6 or 8 x 24 or so.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 11:00:50 AM »
Part of the confusion with Swift optics in the riflescope line is they have a standard line and the Premier or Premium line as it is now called. The Standard line leaves a lot to be desired, but the Premiers are great scopes for the money. Most shooters will just lump em together and that isn't a fair comparison. A Bushnell Banner or Sportview is certainly no comparison to any Elite, but they're both Bushnells. The same applies the Swift scopes.

The only issue I see with Swift Optics is their over-the-counter replacement policy....it works fine if there is a Swift dealer close by, but Swift dealer are few and far between. My nearest is about 20 miles from me and he's just a rep, not a dealer... the next nearest is 120 miles away. So, my best option is to send it to Swift, which isn't any different than Leupold, Sightron or any other Optics mfr that has a full replacement warranty.

FWIW, Swift Optics is an American owned company, their rifle scopes are made in Korea.

http://swift-optics.com/products/sporting

http://swift-optics.com/corporate/history.php
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 05:59:11 AM »
Quickdtoo, My experience agrees with your assessment of the swift riflescope line. I have owned and used 4 of there regular line and the premier line is far superior.

I do have one regular line scope that is 6power that is a keeper, but I sold the others. The premiers have all been excellent

The only downside with the swift scopes is the eye relief. On heavy recoiling rifles there may not be enought eye relief.

Regards, Byron
Byron

NRA LIFE