Author Topic: Slipping Scope rings  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Leon Garfield

• Trade Count: (0)
Slipping Scope rings
« on: November 30, 2002, 10:47:46 PM »
I have a set of Simmons scope rings that are slipping on my 7mm08. Is there some kind of tape or spacer that I can put in them to stop this problem??
Any other Ideas?
Thanks

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Slipping Scope rings
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 02:40:32 AM »
Can I safely assume that what is slipping is the scope moving in the rings as opposed to rings moving on base?

If so, I'd suggest lapping the rings. You can put just a slip of paper in there or even double sided tape but if they are lapped to where they fit properly that usually is a proper cure and at the same time makes sure they are aligned closely enough to not be damaging the scope.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline southern utah

• Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
slipping scope
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 06:49:55 AM »
Burris claim  their signiture rings with the plastic inserts will not slip. I have a few sets and they work real well. I use the dual dovetail for a stronger setup and they don't markup your scope.

Offline Leon Garfield

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 10:05:28 AM »
Thanks for info. I put black tape on them for know and it seems to have stopped the problem. I will probably purchas some different rings after hunting season...............