Author Topic: Bushnell Banner vs Trophy..What gives?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Banner vs Trophy..What gives?
« on: September 08, 2005, 02:04:34 PM »
I received a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40ao  to replace the old sportview I had.  Bushnell finally came through after all the sand I raised.  I noticed that the scope was outstanding in clarity at low light.  The old Sportview was no comparison.  The Trophy is great but I swear the Banner was clearer.  The trophy I have is a 3-9x40 and the Banner wins hands down.  I can read the name on my MF combine at 100 yards at dusk 8:30 ET with the Banner on 4x.  With the trophy, I can't even make out any of the letters.  The Banner is made in China and the Trophy is made in the Phillipines.  What gives?  I thought the Trophy was superior to the Banner.  The Banner is clearly the better scope of the two and sells for less.  Is this the case for all Banner scopes?  Anybody have experiences with these two scopes?

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 10:44:58 AM »
I feel sure it is just the two scopes that you have. You probably have an exceptional Banner. All the scopes are not the same, even in the same brand and model. What you received is better than what you replaced so it turned out good. Good luck------------vernonp

Offline newdad

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 04:42:49 PM »
i have had several banner scopes and have not one bad comment about them.they are clear and dependable.for my money bushnell is all i buy. traded for a burris and its a great scope but no noticeable difference from the bushnell

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 03:42:29 AM »
I don't have much personal experience with the Banner, but the Trophy scopes that I have used were very good scopes - for the money that is.  I must say that I am surprised to hear you say that you find the Banner a better scope.  In my limited experience with the Banner, I felt that the Trophy was a better scope.  

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your Banner. :grin:

Zachary

Offline ftstinyc

Re: Bushnell Banner vs Trophy..What gives?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 05:48:51 AM »
Quote from: theath29803
I received a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40ao  to replace the old sportview I had.  Bushnell finally came through after all the sand I raised.  I noticed that the scope was outstanding in clarity at low light.  The old Sportview was no comparison.  The Trophy is great but I swear the Banner was clearer.  The trophy I have is a 3-9x40 and the Banner wins hands down.  I can read the name on my MF combine at 100 yards at dusk 8:30 ET with the Banner on 4x.  With the trophy, I can't even make out any of the letters.  The Banner is made in China and the Trophy is made in the Phillipines.  What gives?  I thought the Trophy was superior to the Banner.  The Banner is clearly the better scope of the two and sells for less.  Is this the case for all Banner scopes?  Anybody have experiences with these two scopes?
My 4x12 trophy says made in Japan and it
is only about a year old.
tinyc

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 02:57:16 PM »
I'm getting a Trophy 3-9x40 in the new TRX reticle that is like the Leupold Ballistic reticle (has the ranges up to 500 yards right in the reticle) for my 700 ADL Syn. in .243. Let's hope it's a good scope 8)
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline ponydog80

Banner vs Sportview
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 11:46:13 AM »
I have a banner 3x9x40 sitting on my 700 adl .270, and my sons .243....we are both very happy with them .....have had buddies at the range comment on them as well...and my son's 14 point in Texas last season was taken at just about dusk-30 .....cool because he had the camcorder on it, and it was almost too dark to see.....but he said the scope made it seem like daylight...my two say China as well....and are about 2 yrs and 3 yrs old.....sounds like that 65 dollar Banner is a steal ....