Author Topic: H&R 922 Octagonal barrel - age/value?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline StL Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R 922 Octagonal barrel - age/value?
« on: September 09, 2005, 06:48:35 AM »
Hi,

I have a very early first edition double action 9-shot H&R 922 with octagonal barrel and gold front sight. Probably 95% on blueing, 90%+ on gun, and 90%+ on checkered walnut handles. Ser# 142330 I think.

Can anyone tell me how old this gun is and collectable along with an approximate value?  Don't think I want to sell, just trying to get some info.

If this is the wrong place to post, sorry and please redirect. Thanks!

Offline Dixiejack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
H&R 922 Octagonal barrel - age/value?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »
There is one up to bid on Gun Brokers. Might give you some idea as to the value.

Offline georgeld

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Re: H&R 922 Octagonal barrel - age/value?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »
Mine is:  127181, but, it's apart and some of the little pcs are missing.

This is my second one.  Have no idea what the number was on the first one I had.
But, old rancher I got it from in 1960 for ten bucks claimed he'd paid ten bucks for it in 1922 and it was second hand then.

Ex brother in law stole mine.  Know that for sure, as it was under the seat when I got to his shop. Worked on the car a couple hours, just him and me.  Then drove home and it was gone.  Paid for it in blood, but, didn't get the gun back.

IF anyone finds one with this description only with Ash grips, let me know. Was stolen from Pueblo CO summer of 1969. Stolen by Joe Rotondo, last I knew he was in Barstow, CA.  Should be around 60 y.o now.

Thank you,
George
LM: NRA, NAHC, NAFC, NWTF
"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
It's about Control, join the NRA today!!"