Author Topic: Hi Point  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Daveinthebush

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi Point
« on: February 26, 2003, 02:13:44 PM »
I was just over to the hardware store and they have 2 Hi Points for sale: a 9 mm and a .45 ACP, for $129 and $199 respectively.

Any comments on the guns? Seems like low prices to me even if they are only used as stash guns.
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
Hi Point
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 04:46:27 AM »
heavy chunky, totally unrealiable,and just pail old terrible gun would rather have a sharp stick

Offline Savage

Hi Point
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 11:31:41 AM »
Come on now Deputy, are they really that good? I've heard them touted as a "Poor Man's SIG" You're not the distribitor are you???
Stay Safe,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline southernshooter

hipoint
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 04:52:35 PM »
I have never shot a hipoint but there is something kind of yuck about a pistol that doesn't shoot from a locked breech, just uses an extra heavy slide weight to function. Ok in a 22 or some 380's I guess. They have a great warranty though-permanent repair forever no matter how many times it changes hands. Too ugly though.

Offline Daveinthebush

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 04:55:38 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys.  Kind of looks like that is the reason for the price being so low. You get what you pay for in life!
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline brmr30

Hi Point
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 01:05:07 PM »
I just wanted to say that i agree that there to bulky to cary,,  but as for being reliable, a freind of mine bought one at the gun show over a year ago just to have fun with,,,,,he wanted to see if it was worth a crap, for the price!  and i have to say that that gun shoots every time you pull the triger!  no problems at all,  i wouldnt want it for caring or home defence. but for a cheap plinking gun it did the trick, but it was in the 9mm  not the 45,  

if you want a cheap gun to have fun, than its ok.  but i wouldnt put my life on the line with it, they have a warenty for it but that dosnt help when your life is on the line..and it sudenly decides to quit!

:D
TELL YOUR SENATOR WHEN HE RUNS,
BAN THE CRIMINALS, NOT THE GUNS...

CRIMINALS LOVE GUN CONTROL,
UNARMED VICTOM'S IS THERE GOAL...

"gunssavelife.com"

Offline Buckeye

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Hi Point
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 04:52:15 PM »
I"ve got a friend who has .45 hi-point He got in a trade as boot ( $80) it was well used when he got it and it has been shot thousands of times!
We always seem to take it to the range w/ the cheapest fodder  that can be found a blast the heck out of it . !       It looks almost as ugly as me and its alot tougher!   IT may blow all to h--  tomarrow but a fella could N"t complain!
45/70 Government
Is the only Government
        I trust !

Offline .45 COLT

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Hi Point
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 03:26:13 AM »
Bulky, heavy, ugly but the 9's and .45's I have shoot anything I feed them with complete reliability, and I load some pretty hot loads. There's a reason they can give that "forever" warranty -  they don't often get one back. Also, they're made in the U. S. That matters to me.
On the 19th of April, 1775, a tyrannical government sent an army to disarm its citizens. They ran into a touch of trouble.